Crush

(DAYU)

"You were drooling?" Qing sounded and looked disgusted while staring at his sister.

"I was not," Baozang glowered at her brother.

"Dayu told me you were drooling," Qing glowered back at his sister.

Baozang's eyes turned a betrayed look at me. "Why would you say that to him?"

I chuckled uneasily. "Sorry. But your brother has to know that you were drooling while fighting to be awake and listen to the Queen as she recited the agenda for the UN conference next month. I love him and imagining you in funny situations is his only joy in life. He has a boring life, Baozang. Lets give this to him."

"You never changed. This is the reason why Mother has always reminded you to pay attention. You are a princess, for goodness' sake." Qing sighed in disappointment while cutting his salmon.

Baozang pouted, "Can you tell us something funny to forget my annoyance on your husband, Dayu gege?" She said while throwing dagger-like look at her brother.

I sighed. "I think Baozang has a crush on my new bodyguard," I said to stir the pot some more. They are already squabbling, might as well throw some gas on the fire. I pray to the heavens I won't develop a taste for arsony because that'll be so bad for everyone and for the world in general.

Qing choked on the piece of salmon in his mouth while Baozang let out a ladylike sound of indignation. "Dayu gege!" She is loud. I winced while amusement blossomed in my chest. Ah, there's something really satisfying at ruffling a Wang's feathers.

Qing frowned at his sister. "You have a crush at a bodyguard? For god's sake, Baozang..."

"I do not!" Baozang growled. For a second I got scared for Qing's safety but then again Baozang will never harm Qing to the point of killing her brother because she won't like to ascend to Qing's position as heir to the throne.

The siblings looked at me. I sighed. "It was crush at first sight. Sorry, sis..." I gave my sister in law an apologetic look because I love her but I won't lie to my husband. Not about anything as funny and as important as this.

Qing and I have been waiting, waiting for this moment that Baozang will show even a slight interest on a man, or truly anyone, in this way again. After Heise, this is the first time Baozang has shown another man a grain of interest. I will latch on this. I want Qing to take my side and encourage his sister to come out of her shell and take interest on other people again.

You know, people aside from her family and close confidants here in the Palace.

"You think my sister have a chance with your bodyguard?" Qing asked me.

"Qing ge!" Baozang growled her brother's name.

"I don't know," I looked at Baozang critically. "Probably not." I added. Qing and I studied her together.

Baozang rolled her eyes. "Oh right, very funny. Stop it you two..." she took a sip of her wine and ignored us to pay extra attention on her food.

Qing and I looked at each other. We communicate silently, both urging one another to talk to Baozang. I think Qing should do it because she is his sister. I have done my part. I opened up this conversation.

Qing and I did this silent communication thing until Baozang had enough of us. "I hate you both!" She grumbled while chewing her shrimp angrily. "So I think he is hot. Sue me!"

"Is he hot?" Qing looked like someone trying to remember Se Ong's features. "I don't see it..."

"He is hot," I agreed with Baozang. "Believe me, as a gay guy...if I am still single, I will definitely hit that."