Chapter 58

TAYLOR'S POV

I sat next to Liv's body in silence, trying to grasp the only strings that were keeping me together.

I continued to watch the scene in front of me, not knowing what to do at all.

I wiped the blood off my hands and felt it slowly drying. I had stopped trying to stop the blood after I knew she was completely gone.

Blake was still in the air, being held up by Kendron's godlike power.

Blake looked at me in tears, which said a million words.

I know how terrible he felt. Probably worse than me and the others combined as far as I know of.

When I heard a female voice yelling louder and louder with each sentence, that's when I knew things were only going to get worse.

Adrielle was already prepared to fight, but Kendron was just amused by her behavior.

"YOU LIED TO ME." She screamed, a couple tears threatening to fall down her face.

"So what if I did?" Kendron questioned.

Adrielle widened her eyes and stuttered a bit, trying to gather her words.

"We were a team." Her voice got quieter.

"We were never a team! Sure, we're together, and I love you, but you were always below me!" Kendron replied.

"You don't love me." Adrielle's voice was quiet still, but it was filled with anger and hurt.

Kendron doubled back a bit, realizing the severity of the moment.

"That's not-"

"You never loved me." She went on.

"This entire time. I backed you up. I helped you with your terrible plans. I stayed by your side through it all." Her head was down, her fists clenched.

"I really thought you loved me. God I'm an idiot." She laughed.

"Even when Blake realized you were wrong I couldn't admit it."

"Adrielle I know you're upset but now is not the time. We're about to win!" Kendron stepped towards her but she moved back again.

"I don't want to win. I don't want to win like this with you."

Kendron looked completely shocked.

Adrielle brought smoke to her body and covered everything.

I heard a smash and small pieces of metal flew in Kendron's direction.

"NO!" He yelled.

Once I could fully see, I noticed the machine.

The mind control device.

It was completely destroyed.

"ADRIELLE YOU IDIOT! DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU JUST DID?" Kendron yelled louder now, scaring me instantly.

"I helped you." She said calmly.

That's when she pushed smoke towards the other villains, including Tidal Wave.

They all fell within a matter of seconds and Adrielle smiled.

It looked like she was relieved. Like she had just done something she'd wanted to do for a while.

I looked at everyone else and they looked just as shocked as I was.

But Blake.

Blake looked severely scared.

He looked the same as he did when his dad had me in his hold.

That's when I realized that Adrielle was probably gonna die.

And there was nothing anyone could do about it.

I knew that Blake severely looked up to her. She's probably the closest thing to a mother he's gotten since his mom died.

From the looks of it, I know that Adrielle is a good person. Maybe, very deep on the inside, but she still is a good person.

I could only guess that Kendron has been manipulating her from the start. Maybe even abusing her.

But he was most likely the only thing she had. And now, she can't deal with the stress anymore.

"I still love you Ken." Adrielle smiled as tears trickled down her face.

"And I know what you're gonna do, so just do it."

Kendron sighed and started to put his hand out, but Adrielle pushed smoke towards him before he could.

Blake dropped to the ground and he immediately ran towards Kendron, which made me get up and run to grab him.

Blake thrashed against my arms so I yelled.

"IF YOU GO HE'S JUST GONNA SUSPEND YOU AGAIN. OUR POWERS AREN'T WORKING REMEMBER!"

He continued to move, so I just let him go.

Lucas grabbed onto my arm to signal me to run.

"I can't. You guys go. Get to safetly. Please." I begged them to go, and they hesitantly nodded.

Sabrina cut the handcuffs off of Aura and Tessa and Lucas carried Tessa.

They started to run and Aura gave me a look.

A very angry, but worried look.

I only smiled at her the best I could and ran towards Blake again.

Adrielle was trying her best to block Kendron's vision and it was working.

I guess if he can't see the target, he can't move it.

Kendron wasn't falling yet though, so I sensed something was wrong.

"It's not working!" She yelled, shaking her hands and trying again.

"He's not immune is he?" Blake yelled.

"Not that I know of!" Adrielle yelled again.

"You all are just a bunch of idiots aren't you." Kendron ran out of the smoke and quickly levitated us all.

He was wearing some sort of mask that probably filtered the air.

"It's a shame you don't think I love you. It really is." He laughed.

I looked around for something, anything, that could help us, and that's when I noticed the small device that took away our powers.

It would have to run out soon, right?

"Adrielle I thought I could trust you. For years, you were the perfect woman." Kendron smiled.

I saw his eyes and for a brief second, I thought I saw tears forming.

"When you almost died, that's when I realized I loved you. We were powerful together. And then you just go and betray me like that?"

There it is. The manipulation that I knew was there.

Adrielle turned her head away, not wanting to look, but Kendron forced her head to move.

"Don't fucking look away from me."

Adrielle then moved her hand ever so slightly, and formed smoke around Kendron again, causing me and Blake to get to the ground.

I quickly ran to the small device and smashed it, but we couldn't do anything anyways.

"Blake, Taylor, get out of here." Adrielle pleaded as she was thrown into the air again.

"I'm not leaving you!" Blake yelled as I ran to him.

Kendron looked injured, and there was a piece of his mask missing.

"Please just go!" Adrielle yelled.

I tugged Blake's arm and he slowly started to back away, his eyes still fixated on what was going on.

"Blake." Adrielle smiled. A motherly smile.

"I love you."