Chapter 1

A/N: this chapter is really boring but i promise it gets better lmao

"Taylor behind you!" Aura screamed as I was fighting some guy in one of our missions. I dodged, allowing him to tumble over. I jumped and kicked him in the stomach, flinging me backward, but I did a back flip and landed. I continued to help the rest of my team fight, and it was surprisingly hard.

Usually in fights we do very well. Our team is one of the best in the school, and we're almost always chosen for the hardest missions. When I say hardest missions, I mean the hardest BABY missions. We always have to go around in secret because the people without superpowers can't know there are so many of us.

The one who yelled for me to dodge is my best friend Aura Torres. She has the power of invisibility, and she uses it for fun most of the time. When it comes to fighting she uses it to her advantage though. She fights, turns invisible, and moves quickly, causing the people shes fighting to be very confused.

"Okay I think we're done here." Tessa said and I high fived the team, giving them smiles.

I'm the leader of the team, and I like to say I'm a good one. I was taught how to fight by my parents at a really young age because of my power. I have a sonic scream, which is never really useful. I can't use it in school unless everyone plugs their ears, and I can only use it in missions sometimes.

We grabbed the weapon the "villains" stole, and made our way back to the academy in the team car. I would have chosen a jet if it was an option but whatever.

Lucas sped past us and laughed, so when he circled back around to laugh again I tripped him. He fell to the ground and groaned, making us all laugh at him.

Lucas Hill has the power of super speed. There are a lot of speedsters in our world, making him not that special, but he still tries to be relevant every chance he gets.

To be fair, almost everyone has a power that someone else has. My aunt actually has a sonic scream, so she taught me to control it.

We got in the car and strapped in. I put the car in drive and started going back to the academy, feeling confident.

"That fight was crazy cool." Lucas said and Tessa rolled her eyes.

Tessa Wood is not exactly the happiest person on the planet. Her power is hallucinations, meaning she can make people hallucinate for a minute or so. Her power is really scary though. At least to me it is. She always says that if she doesn't control it the hallucinations get to her too. Like they're always in her head. I got the chills just thinking about it.

Once we got back to the school I put the car in the team parking place and got out, walking with Aura. "Tay you were great back there!" She said happily while skipping in the hall.

As you can tell, shes very bubbly and happy all the time. Shes an optimist, which can get on my nerves a lot.

"It wasn't just me though. You did great too!" I said and she smiled. We got to our lockers which were right next to each other and got out our books.

For school when we have a mission; which is usually every two weeks, they fix up our schedule as soon as we leave, and they give us a message in our ear piece.

Today was gym, which is just obstacle courses.

I sighed while walking, knowing how tired I'm going to be after this.

Even though I fight very well, I'm not the teachers favorite. When the teachers do something stupid, I call them out on it, and I never answer questions in class, even when I know the answer.

My gym teacher Mrs. Kate, hates me the most. The only reason is because I do so good in gym. It pisses me off but I deal with it.

She assigned us into groups for each course and I go to the first one. The courses change every day, and I'm wondering when they're gonna run out of options.

Mrs. Kate pushed the buzzer so I ran to the first obstacle. I jumped up, pulling myself onto the platform and making myself small so that I can get through the crawl space. I lowered myself onto the next obstacle and dodged the laser spikes that were coming out of the walls, floor, and ceiling.

I did a front hand spring and landed on the mat. I ran to the next one, and the next, and the next.

It was really uneventful.

I changed in the locker room and went back into the hallway when I got a ring from my earpiece.

I answered it, leaning myself against a wall.

"We have a new student and you have been chosen to give them a tour." It said and the call ended.

I rolled my eyes and made my way toward the office, sighing at almost every step.

Woohoo.