Chapter 8

Once the clock struck midnight, we all put on our suits and made our way back to our secret spot.

"I found a way to get down there." Tessa said while looking at her nails.

"Great! Lead the way." Aura perked up.

We all followed Tessa to an entrance of the school, and we tried to make no noise.

Are you guys stupid?" Blake said.

Wait Blake?

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

"There are cameras." He said bluntly and I face palmed.

"Oops." Lucas shrugged.

Just then, Blake turned out all the lights to the entrance and took my hand, to which he told me to grab Auras hand.

We made a train and Blake led us through the school, with Tessa whispering where it was.

Once we got there we ran in the door quietly and Blake looked around for cameras.

"There's a couple, but I can block them out with shadows." He said and turned on the lights.

"I can see again!" Lucas yelped, looking around and smiling.

We went down each and every stair quietly, and when the only two cameras appeared, Blake made sure they couldn't see anything.

Then we got to a hallway.

It was really narrow, and the ceiling was low. Blake and Lucas had to bend over slightly to walk.

"I regret helping you guys." Blake said while groaning and I laughed.

We finally got to a room with a normal ceiling and stopped. "Where do we go now?" Aura asked.

"Lucas, run around the different hallways and see if it leads to anything." I suggested, and he started running.

We waited for about a minute and he came back panting.

"I think I saw something over here." Lucas said, and motioned for him to follow.

He led us to a door with a pass code, and it had a window on it. I looked through and saw the weapon Lucas sketched out. But, it was unfinished.

It looked like it had some things missing.

I turned to the touch pad again, and wondered what the code could be.

The touch pad was made up of letters so I started to think of words that people normally use as passwords.

I decided to try the most obvious option, "password."

It opened and I gasped.

But seriously who the actual fuck would put password AS THEIR PASSWORD I DON'T UNDERSTAND THE LOGIC.

Anyways.

We all walked in and noticed the titanium walls right away. "This has to be it." Lucas said, looking around.

"So now what?" Tessa asked.

"Well I guess now that we know it's here, we know the bad feeling Lucas is talking about is real." I sighed.

"But why is this weapon the cause of it?" Blake questioned while examining it.

"Hey Blake I have a question."

"No talking to me snow."

"Why did you even come?" I replied to his sassy remark.

"I care about the end of the world and realized this could mean something? I don't know." He said, turning to look at me while he spoke.

I rolled my eyes at him and continued sharing ideas with the rest of the team. "We should probably leave now." Aura urged.

I agreed with her and we made our way out, making sure everything stayed the same.

We got back to the staircase and through the cameras. We got to the door of the main hallway and grabbed hands while Blake turned off all of the lights.

He led us out and we all went back to our dorms.

I couldn't sleep that night. The thought of that weapon doing something the world scared me to the core.

I don't know what it can do, but it must be powerful for the parts not to be attached.

I assumed they were hidden in other places that are hard to reach, so that they wouldn't put all the pieces together.

Also, how powerful does it have to be to hide it with pretty much an army of highschoolers?

Oooookay this weapon is super powerful.

I don't know when, but eventually I drifted off to sleep.

______________________________

I woke up to Aura screaming at me. I rubbed my eyes and listened again.

OH MY GOD I'M LATE.

I ran up and grabbed an outfit for the day, showered, and put my hair in a messy bun. I was out the door within 10 minutes, running to class.

I had 10 minutes left of my first class.

You know, for normal people, being late isn't a big deal, but for me it's a different story. If you don't at least go to a class in the academy, you get significantly marked down.

And if my parents found out I was late I would most likely die.

The class was history, and my history teacher is really cool so I hope they understand.

I made it to the class with my books in my hands, gasping for air.

"Glad you could make it miss Zoldyck." She said and I smiled.

I sat down and sighed in relief. Nobody I was really friends with was in this class, so all I did was listen to something I didn't really understand for 5 minutes.

I walked out of the class and went to my locker, seeing Aura there.

"Did you make it?" I asked while grabbing my stuff for the next class.

"Yeah but barely."

"That's good." I said and smiled.

My next class was music, and I was really excited because today we're gonna make our own superhero themes.

I walked into class and sure enough, Blake is there, but I know he's not going to talk to me so I just sat down.

During the class I kept getting more and more disappointed as time when on. We didn't even make themes!!

Once I walked out I went to the quad to eat a snack and read a book when of course someone just HAD to bother me.

I looked up and saw it was Tessa. That's kind of odd.

"I need your help." She said and I quickly asked what it was.

"I saw something inside Lucas's mind. It's not anything bad about him specifically its just about the weapon." She said and my heart dropped.

"What did you see?" I asked.

"The weapon is used to control people. It's a mind control device Taylor."

__________________________________

A/N: Thanks for reading! I love you guys :)

reminder: ur awesome