Chapter 46

sorry for the confusion in last chapter! Just wanted to confirm that Blake was the one who said "I love you too." Anyways enjoy :)

TAYLOR'S POV:

I'm not even sure what to feel anymore. Honestly, I'm not even sure how to feel.

I missed everything about before. The moments of happiness that lasted forever.

Now, any moments that give me the smallest amount of happiness is short lived.

I sat on the ground, my head lowered.

I kept hearing feet shuffling, but I never got too hopeful. Nobody from the main crew stepped foot in the room after Blake left.

Once the feet shuffling stopped everything was silent for a while. I started to believe everything was over.

They had most likely left us for the heroes to find, which pissed me off, but I was relieved.

I heard something smash and fall to the ground, and then a voice.

"Hello?" A woman yelled.

"Over here!" I yelled, looking up.

People started to rush toward us, and I smiled in relief. It's finally over.

"Sweetie are you okay?" The same woman who yelled was now in front of me, trying her best to untie me.

"I'm okay, just, please get us out of here." I said, my thoughts finally resting.

Once I was untied I stood up and was lead out. The area was surrounded with cops, along with two heroes.

One of them I knew fairly well. Her hero name was Sly Fox. She basically has the qualities a fox does, pretty simple.

The other hero was someone I wasn't very familiar with though. He looked older, with black hair. I couldn't see what his face looked like, But I imagined it to be very basic.

"Thank you for coming out of retirement for this sir!" A cop smiled at the man, and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Retirement?" I mumbled to myself, hoping nobody would hear me.

The fox hero stood next to me and I assured her I was okay. She nodded and gave me a blanket, which I quickly accepted.

That's when the man turned around. I finally caught a glimpse of his face. That's when I knew he wasn't some random old hero.

His eyes.

Gray eyes.

I stepped back instinctively and the fox tilted her head.

"No no I'm fine I swear. I just need to go see my friends." I coughed, and I turned around to find everyone.

I thought back to what Blake told me as my feet hit the ground as fast as I could move.

An abuser. Here. Acting like a hero.

I couldn't stop tears from falling for Blake. I felt so terribly bad for him. There was no reason for me to care anymore. I don't think I'll ever see him again anyways.

But the fact that his father had come out of retirement for this, made me think really had about things.

If he came out of retirement, it was probably for Blake. He knows Blake is on the villain side. He came to face Blake, not to save us.

I finally saw the others and I caught my breath as I abruptly stopped myself.

"Blake's dad is here." I breathed out.

"So? Why the hell should we care?" Tessa scoffed.

"Long story. His dad abused him, his mom died, and that's how he wounded up on the streets. His dad has been trying to contact him for a long time. I think he knows that Blake's a villain and I don't think that-"

"Taylor. I still don't care. We just got rescued. Stop worrying about others just this once." Tessa sighed.

"B-but he-" I started, the tears on my face slowly starting to dry as the cold air continued to slap my face.

Aura smiled at me and ran to hug me. I stood there, without moving my arms, for a while.

I just couldn't stop worrying. I couldn't stop thinking.

Lucas sniffled and hugged me as well, with Tessa joining afterwards.

I bit my lip and stifled a small sob as I wrapped my arms around them.

I looked to Liv and Sabrina and smiled softly at them, signaling to join the hug.

Liv refused, but I stretched my arm out to hers and pulled her in. She gasped and looked really uncomfortable at first, but eventually she let everything go.

Sabrina hesitantly hugged us, and I heard her cry softly.

We were okay, and we were saved.

After a couple of minutes we all pulled away from each other, but Tessa and Aura held each other's hands.

"Alright if you guys haven't hugged one on one yet I suggest you do that now. Go on." I sighed, looking at Tessa and Aura, but also at Sabrina and Lucas.

Tessa gently wrapped her arms around Aura's waist, and Aura moved her arms to Tessa's neck. I could tell she was squeezing really hard.

I giggled and looked over to Sabrina and Lucas, who were doing that weird rocking thing.

They're cute, but cringy as hell.

I pressed my lips together and looked at the ground, letting my mind slowly consume me again.

The overwhelming stress was coming back.

What's gonna happen now? Are we just gonna pretend that never happened? Is the school gonna address this?

"Hey kids. You're parents are here." The fox sneakily creeped up beside us, and I turned my head.

"Mom? Dad?" I smiled, running towards them. They were crying uncontrollably, so I hugged them to hopefully calm them down.

"Honey are you okay?" My mom choked out.

"I'm okay. Everything's okay."

____________________________

A/N: I seriously have the worst writing block ever. I'm probably going to do a short time skip, maybe two weeks or so.

Sorry this chapter was so short, it's just connecting things for the time skip :)