Chapter 43

*TAYLOR'S POV*

I watched as everyone got taken out of the room one by one. Liv was first, due to the injuries she obtained.

Lucas was next. They at least helped him walk though.

When I think back to what Blake said about them being like a family to him, I cringe. I couldn't see how he thought these people were good. However, I understand that he went through a lot. This just isn't really a, well, healthy coping mechanism.

I still don't understand why Blake acted the way he did. He was fine in the beginning, but then he snapped. Something in him changed slightly.

It was all I could think about for hours. I refused to sleep as well. I probably could have, despite everything aching, but I refused to.

It had been a day since everything happened. A day stuck in hell. An entire day of watching everyone suffer silently.

I stopped crying about it. I don't know when. But tears just stopped flowing out at some point.

I guess I'd become numb to the emotions. I couldn't feel anything except for guilt maybe.

Aura and Tessa were taken away as I continued my thoughts. Aura still had some fire in her, unlike the rest of us.

I watched as she squirmed away from the man that grabbed her. I smiled just a little at her efforts, but when nothing worked she just slumped down as she walked.

After her was Sabrina, but they were extra careful when unchaining her. I questioned why inside my head, but it became clear when she attacked the two men.

I widened my eyes and leaned forward, tugging on my chains.

She used her free legs to kick one of them in the face, and all seemed to be going well.

Until Vapora came in and shot smoke in the both of our directions. I flinched and tried not to breathe it in, but I eventually caved.

It didn't knock me out like I expected it to. It just made me feel weaker, and drowsier.

They brought Sabrina out of the room and unchained me soon after. I tried to pull my handcuffed arms away from them, but I could barely feel my limbs.

They took me out of the room and through the hallway I had been through when I talked to Blake. I turned my head to the ground and stumbled while being dragged.

I felt cold air hit my face and I instantly looked up.

I was outside?

I took in my surroundings to the best of my ability, thinking it could help.

That's when I saw Blake standing by Vapora and the rest of them.

I stopped my movement and the man pulled me really hard.

"Ay be gentle with her!" Blake yelled, walking towards me.

"Why do I have to." The man simply replied, to which the leader laughed.

"Because he said so. And because I say so."

The man only rolled his eyes and continued to pull me harshly.

Blake then pushed the man and the leader walked up to him.

I didn't get to see what happened, as Blake blocked my vision. He apologized and gently took my arm in his hand.

We reached a van that had everyone in it, tied to chairs. Blake got in and helped me up. He then tied me up and I swore I could see his eyes watering.

"I'm sorry about how I acted before. They drugged me." He whispered as he tied the chains.

"The story was true though." He added.

I sighed, trying to get words out, but I didn't know what to say.

He exited the van and shut the doors, leaving me with my thoughts.

I looked at everyone else and sighed. "Everyone okay?" I whispered.

I got a couple nods and one quiet yeah. "Guys I'm sure the heroes are out looking for us. We're gonna be fine." Aura smiled slightly.

"For sure." Lucas smiled back.

"I still can't believe it. Blake. Who would have thought." Lucas cursed to himself.

"Don't blame yourself-" Aura sighed.

"I'm not blaming myself. I'm just saying. He played the part so well."

"I don't think he was fully acting." I added, lifting my head.

"What are you talking about?" Tessa finally spoke.

"When I was taken out of the room, I ended up talking to Blake. He told me everything, but long story short the villain league is like his family because they helped him through a lot." I answered.

"After he told the story he started acting weird though, and I was scared of him. Which, I never have been. I knew he wasn't himself. So just now, he reassured me, and told me that they drugged him. Which doesn't make sense because if they love him, why drug him?" I added.

Everyone looked at me in shock and I just shrugged. "I feel like he really does care about us, even though the relationship was based on a task he was given. I still hate his guts, but I understand." I slumped my head back down.

"Oh." Lucas sighed, followed by Aura and Tessa lowering their heads again.

We sat in silence for a little while.

Then, I felt movement, and I quickly realized the van was moving.

I gritted my teeth and cursed under my breath. Another location. That's never good.

I watched as everyone had the same reaction as me. I knew the heroes didn't care unless it involved them, but saving us would give them publicity.

They're probably searching for us. But I can't shake the feeling of doubt.

___________________

A/N: I'm sorry I haven't updated in so long! Major writers block, if that's even a thing lol.