Chapter 18

Aura was jumping up and down as we walked to the car, the trigger in her hand.

I grinned, jumping in the car and sitting down.

"So what do we do now?" Lucas said.

"We just have to get it back to the school I guess." Tessa replied.

We started driving away and I kept smiling to myself. I didn't think we could do it but we did.

I am so cringy but I guess it's alright.

"Don't hype yourself up snow. You succeeded once." Blake sneered. I laughed.

"I'd like to see you try." I retorted. "If I had your power, I would." He said. I scoffed and looked back at the road.

"Hey. Hey. Hey." Lucas smiled, tapping me on the shoulder. "How'd you do that?" He asked.

"One of Blake's friends has the same power as me, so he took me to him. His friend taught me how to control it." I said and he nodded.

"So if Blake helped you whys he being so salty." He laughed.

Blake pouted next to me and crossed his arms. I giggled and shrugged.

"No idea." I replied.

Once we got back to the school I locked up the car and went in. We all went our separate ways, so I headed towards my next class.

"Oh shit hey Liv! I wanted to thank you because we got the trigger and everything." I waved. I walked over to her sitting on the bench and sat down.

"It's no problem." She said, looking up from her phone for a brief second. I smiled and nodded.

"You know, before I went into the system I thought you just wanted to get the good missions, you know, cheat. But then I looked and uh-"

"Yeah it's really crazy." I cut her off. She laughed a little, then continued.

"How are you even involved in this?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I guess we were just at the wrong place at the wrong time." I said. She nodded and I stood up.

"Gotta go. Class starts soon." I told her.

I walked away and she looked back to her phone again.

Class was way boring. After fighting people and "saving the world" now I have to do calculus.

Why do we even need to learn it? I'm not gonna do it in real life.

I sighed in relief as the bell rang. I went back to my dorm and plopped on the bed.

"Hey girly!" Aura yelled as she opened the door. I flinched and groaned.

"Do you have to scare me EVERY time?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She smiled. I rolled my eyes playfully and got up.

I decided to take a shower and then just go to sleep. Long day.

I showered, put my hair up, and got into sweatpants and a t-shirt.

I laid down and went on my phone. I scrolled through instagram and looked at all the fun my friends from back at home were having.

Etefiara Academy is the best school for superheroes in the United States, but it's in New York.

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE New York, but California is super nice too.

There are really small schools, or just homeschooling, but my friends back at home didn't go to any academy like this one.

I feel homesick from time to time, but all in all I don't really care that much.

When I see instagram posts though, I always stop and look at them for a minute or two.

I'm so excited to visit for Christmas.

ANYWAYS ENOUGH WITH SAD TALK.

I put in my headphones and listened to some music as I drifted off to sleep.

I woke up around 8:00 At night to someone shaking me awake.

"Snow get up." A low, and soft voice whispered into my ear.

"Blake what the fuck?" I jumped up and looked at him.

He laughed at my reaction and put a hand through his hair.

It fell over his eyes and parted in the middle. it was fluffy, and it looked so, so soft.

I got lost in thought and he raised his eyebrows.

"Aura wanted to go out somewhere but wanted to let you sleep, so the team went out. We could meet them there." He said, ignoring me.

"Where are they?" I asked, shaking everything off.

"They're at a park." He told me. I nodded and stood up.

"I'll be ready in a second." I said. I smiled and went to my closet. I picked out some baggy dark colored jeans and a grey t-shirt, tucking it in in the front.

I grabbed a light jacket and went into the bathroom to change. Blake was sat on my bed, scrolling through his phone.

I brushed my teeth and got dressed, slipping on my jacket as well.

I walked back out and I could tell a smile was tugging at Blake's lips. He quickly hid it and motioned for me to follow him.

We walked down to the front, signed out, and headed toward the park.

The rest of the team had taken the car so we had to walk. I didn't mind that much though, walking can be very relaxing.

We barely made any conversation on the way. It was getting kinda awkward so I decided to speak up.

"So how the rest of your day?." I asked. I rolled my eyes in my head at how basic that is.

"Boring." He said briefly. I sighed.

"Oh! I have something. What's your favorite tv show?" I smiled.

"I don't really watch TV." He said, still not looking up from the sidewalk.

I gasped and put my hand over my mouth. "No way." I said.

He shrugged and I rolled my eyes.

"Im gonna get you into some cool stuff." I told him. He looked up slightly and laughed.

"You're short." He said. I pouted and he continued laughing.

"I'm literally 5'7" I defended.

"And i'm literally 6'2" He teased.

"I won't hesitate to beat your ass." I said, glaring at him.

"Go ahead."
_________________

so like let's just pretend i update everyday :)

i'm in another state right now so it's hard to write but i'm trying.

THANKS FOR THE SUPPORT ON THE BOOK AND ALSO I READ THE COMMENTS AND I LAUGH AT THEM SO LIKE YEAH

anyways have a good day/night