Chapter 42

BLAKE'S POV:

Fuck. Fuck. FUCK.

They did something to me. I know they did something to me.

I could barely control what I said. It was like I was acting without anything with common sense stopping me.

"What the hell did you do to me." I glared at them all as I slammed the door open.

"Well we had to make sure you weren't going to do anything stupid." Vapora said as she filed her nails.

"You know I would never betray you." I sighed.

"Oh we know. We know." Vapora smiled delicately as she stood up, dropping her nail file.

"What did you do to me." I gritted my teeth.

"Just a small dosage of our new drug. No big deal. It was very small. It only makes you act a little crazy." Kendron laughed.

Kendron was the leader of this whole operation. Vapora, otherwise known as Adrielle by me and the others, was his right hand man. Or, woman.

Then there was the psychopath of the group. He never told us his name, only insisted on calling him Maniac. So that's what we call him.

There are others. But they don't really matter in the long chain of power.

All I know is that they took me in when nobody else would.

And I resented them for it.

"I could have dealt with this without that stupid drug." I looked away from them.

"Oh come on, we just didn't want to see you so hurt." Adrielle put her hand on my shoulder but I yanked my body away.

"Don't be like that." Kendron smiled.

"We all know you took a liking to that girl. We just wanted to make sure she wouldn't like you anymore." He continued.

I scoffed and started to walk away to my make shift room.

I sat on the bed and put my face into my hands, grabbing onto my hair and tugging on it slightly.

I ruined everything.

I knew I had to do this from the beginning. How did I let myself get so attached to them all.

I should never have kissed her. Or maybe I should have kissed her and then ignored her. Or maybe I should've never done this STUPID MISSION IN THE FIRST PLACE.

I quickly got up and went into the bathroom. I turned on the sink and splashed water in my face a couple times, trying to calm myself down.

I think the sadder or angrier I get, the more the drug effects me.

I never would have done anything like that to Snow, and the only reason I did was because of how sad and angry I was-or, am.

The drug affected me more than it should have. I'm trained to resist those types of things. Yet, the smallest dosage made me act crazy.

I grabbed a cup I found at my bed and took it back to the sink. I filled it up with water and chugged it, trying to sober up as much as possible.

I understand why they did it. I mean, I'm an emotional mess. They could definitely see that.

A part of me wants to save everyone and leave. I'd never have to deal with any of this again.

But another, larger part of me is telling me to stay. I know the league cares about me.

I wish I'd never run away from home. I wish the sad eleven year old hadn't sat on the streets and slept in the alleyways.

I wish I never agreed to be a part of this.

But wishing isn't going to do me any good.

I went back to my bed and noticed an outfit placed there for me. Finally. I hated wearing that stupid hero costume.

 I hated wearing that stupid hero costume

*Blake's new outfit*

I put it on and left the room. I think I had most of the drug out of my system.

I walked to the main room and joined everyone as they were talking.

"Finally decided to join us." Kendron rolled his eyes.

"Mhm." I grumbled as I leaned against the wall.

"The heroes are going to find out where we are sooner or later. Meaning we have to take the hostages somewhere else. We can't let them know this is our real base." Adrielle stated.

"So that's the plan for tomorrow?" I asked. Kendron nodded.

"Any suggestions? You seem to know these people very well." He said.

"As long as their powers are gone, we'll be fine. The only ones we really have to worry about are Taylor and Sabrina. Taylors the blonde one and Sabrina is the black haired one." I said, crossing my arms.

"We just have to make sure they can't fight." I continued.

I had to hold back everything I was feeling. They couldn't know I was seriously doubting this entire plan.

There was honestly no way they would get the weapon. Even if they did, it's useless.

"Perfect!" Maniac smiled, clapping his hands together.

"Hey, guys?" I said quietly.

Adrielle nodded and motioned for me to speak more.

"I don't ask a lot from you. But promise me one thing."

"Anything." Adrielle gave me a reassuring look.

"Please don't hurt them any more than I already have."

______________________

A/N: HEY GUYS I BET YOU WEREN'T EXPECTING THIS PLOT TWIST! Haven't done an authors note in a while. Anyways, I really want to stress something here:

I'VE BEEN PLANNING THIS SINCE CHAPTER 2!! If you go back, there are many instances of foreshadowing.

Another thing that I hope yall have figured out by now, Blake is working with the villain league for real.

THANKS FOR READING!! I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!