Chapter 39

I felt someone shaking me so I quickly opened my eyes and jumped back on instinct.

"Aura? What?" I said, rubbing my eyes.

"Blake went to get us coffee so I wanted to wake you up before he got back! He's been gone a while though." She told me.

I reminded myself of my thoughts from last night. I was in love with him. We had spent almost two months together now, and throughout all of it we kept getting closer.

I stood up and stretched out my legs. If it hadn't been for the fact that I was cuddling with Blake, I would have described last nights sleep as uncomfortable.

"Morning." Liv said as she typed on a computer that she generated using her power.

Her power is really confusing, well, to me at least.

The way she explained it was with technical words, so here's my understanding of it:

Basically she can create technology that only she can touch, and they have properties that real tech doesn't have. She can also hack into a lot of things with ease. There's rarely anything she can't hack into.

"Today Mr. Peterson is going to call us in to go on a patrol of some sort." She said, making us all sigh in response.

"Its a sundayyyy." Lucas groaned.

Sabrina laughed at him and patted him on the back.

"We would have woken you up earlier but Blake yelled at us not to." Aura rolled her eyes.

I laughed a little and checked my phone.

10:00 in the morning. That's a reasonable time.

"How long have you guys been awake?" I asked.

"I've been up since 5:00, and the rest of them woke up at like 8:30." Liv said, as she continued to type into her computer.

"Oh wow." I raised my eyebrows.

I sat against a tree and scrolled through instagram.

Everyone was on their phones, which I'll admit was boring.

I heard footsteps and saw Blake balancing 7 coffees on a tray.

I ran to him and grabbed the drinks by twos, and I gave them to everyone. I finally took mine, and knew it was exactly what I liked.

Aura must have told Blake then.

I sipped it and sat back down. I motioned for Blake to sit next to me, so he did.

"Oh and today there's gonna be a patrol type thing." I said, in between sips.

"I know. Liv told me earlier. I woke up and she was awake, so she told me." He sighed.

"Okay cool." I smiled. He smirked back and put his hand on my thigh.

He went onto his phone and started tapping on my leg.

I was probably super red, so I turned my face back down to my phone.

"Hey Snow." He said randomly after a couple minutes of silence.

He brought his camera out and put it in front of us, taking a picture. I slapped him on the arm and explained that I didn't look good, but he only chuckled.

"You always look good, so shut up."

I widened my eyes and he put the camera back in front of us.

I smiled and pressed my cheek against his, moving my hand to form a peace sign.

Once he took the picture I asked him why.

"I just wanted some more pictures of us. I barely have any." He shrugged.

I giggled and took another sip of my coffee.

I heard a ringing on everyone's phones, so we all checked it.

Sure enough, it was Mr. Peterson.

We all groaned as we got up. We had to go get our hero outfits so we all ran back to our own dorms to get them before meeting back up in the team room.

Liv and Sabrina were there too, and I assumed it was because Sabrina and Liv saved us before.

"So. I'm not gonna lie to you guys, I don't think it's looking too good for the school. I have a feeling the villain league is planning something. The other heroes and teachers won't listen to me, but they have put a mandate on all students to stay inside." Mr. Peterson immediately cut to the chase.

I nodded and took in a deep breath.

"I need you guys to just hang around the school, and if you see anybody outside the gates, use your earpiece." He said.

"I'm sure you're all going to be safe. If anything goes wrong I have a couple more teachers who are helping." He assured us.

Didn't do anything though.

We all walked out and I grabbed Blake's hand.

I was scared. I can admit that.

He gave me a reassuring look as we walked outside.

"Everything's gonna be fine guys!" Aura smiled.

I smiled back and we agreed to travel around the school in twos, with Liv staying in front of the school manning a camera system.

I walked with Blake, Tessa walked with Aura, and Sabrina went with Lucas.

I think we all needed that kind of comfort right now.

At this point every little noise made me more nervous. I kept turning around anxiously, waiting for someone, or something to appear.

But so far, nothing.

"Snow, you okay?" Blake said, not keeping his eyes off the front of us.

"I'm just a little scared, that's all." I sighed.

He squeezed my hand and caressed it with his thumb.

"You're gonna be alright." He smiled, finally making eye contact with me.

I felt calmer, and I smiled back.

We made a circle around the school and met up with Tessa and Aura. They both hadn't seen anything so we set off together.

Every once and a while Blake squeezed my hand and smiled at me, trying to help as much as he could with my nerves.

Tessa and Aura got a little ahead so Blake pulled me behind a wall, and put his hands on my waist.

He moved his lips to mine and I smiled into the kiss.

We broke apart and we ran to catch up. They met up with Sabrina and Lucas, so we were all together waiting for something, anything.

"GUYS!" I heard a screaming through my ear piece.

"They're at the entrance. I'm trying to keep them out." Liv whispered quickly.

We all ran to her and hid behind a wall.

Sure enough, we saw the same man and woman from before. They had a couple more men there who looked like the henchmen we had fought before, but one of them looked like a leader.

They were all looking at him, maybe expecting an order.

Then out of nowhere, an explosion broke out.