Chapter 22

I walked to class, still thinking about last night.

I sat down in History and Blake sat beside me. "You did great last night." He complimented me. I widened my eyes and raised my eyebrows.

"Me? Where did you learn about that shit you pulled?" I whisper yelled. He laughed and started talking again.

"My mom and my aunt. They did ballroom dancing and they taught me everything I know." He said, smiling.

"That's awesome." I told him.

"You're a quick study." He said, smirking.

I smirked back. "I'm a superhero, remember?" I laughed.

Class started and Blake seemed to be in a better mood then yesterday.

We competed for questions, and raced to finish worksheets.

I ended up winning of course, and I teased him. "Don't forget who won the last 3 times." He teased back as he walked away.

We had a team meeting, to discuss everything we found out. Liv even joined us.

"They took the hostages for information. They knew things about the superheroes." Blake said, his arms crossed.

"But that's the only thing we found out." I sighed.

"Besides the fact that Blake can DANCE!" I yelled.

"Damnit Snow." He said, facepalming. "You can dance?" Everyone said in unison.

"Yeah." He nodded. "I was trained in ballroom etiquette by my mom and aunt." He said, crossing his arms again.

"That's cool as fuck! Why didn't you tell us?" Lucas asked, his face lit up.

"Didn't think it mattered." Blake muttered.

We continued sharing information and there wasn't a lot to share. I was really disappointed.

I felt like dancing with Blake was a mistake. We could have found out so much more.

Was this all my fault? Maybe if I hadn't found out there was a mind control device, or just fought them without knowing, maybe we wouldn't be in this mess.

But no matter what I would have changed, the world would still be in danger. At least we're here to stop it.

I felt tears prick at my eyes for no reason. I quickly looked down to hide it.

"I'll see you guys later!" I said, and plastered a smile. I walked away and as soon as I was out of site I ran to a hallway that nobody uses.

I sat down in a corner and tears fell down my cheeks.

I put my head into my knees and sat there for what felt like hours until I heard footsteps.

"Snow?" His voice echoed through my head. I ignored it and he kept calling out for me.

"Snow." He said. His voice was closer and more direct.

"Taylor."

I finally looked up and he was standing in front of me. He called me Taylor.

He saw my face and sat down.

"You okay?" He said bluntly. This made me worse.

I had just stopped crying for NO FUCKING REASON. I feel so weak. I don't want anyone to see me like this, yet here I am.

I put my head back down and he sighed. "Everything's gonna be okay."

"No. Everything's not gonna be okay." I mumbled.

"The villain league is planning on taking over the world and the school probably isn't gonna do anything because they have the weapon in the school. They don't even know parts are being stolen. We're only teenagers Blake. I can't do it."

"Well maybe you can't, but the team can. We'll do it together." I looked up at him and he was smiling.

He actually cares. About the team. About me.

I shook it off and put my head back down. He sighed again and lifted my head up, his finger on my chin.

My face was stained with tears, my eyes red and puffy. He put a hand on my cheek and wiped away the tear falling down.

Our faces were so close, the tension was electrifying. He kept using his thumb to caress my skin.

His touch was calming me down.

I moved to get up and he did the same. I turned around to walk away.

"Snow?" He said, concern laced in his voice.

I looked back at him and he wrapped me in a hug.

His arms were around my waist and head, pressing me into his chest.

I protested at first, but soon enough I melted into his arms.

I put my arms around him and smiled. He held me like that for a couple minutes.

Once we let go, we looked at each other awkwardly.

"Thank you. I needed that." I admitted. He chuckled. "It really seemed like you did."

We walked separate ways to avoid awkwardness but I wished we hadn't.

He was soft, and gentle. His hands were cold too. My emotions went crazy.

But there's no way I like Blake. It's just adrenaline.

Its just adrenaline. It's just adrenaline.

That feeling of fear as we used disguises, and danced in front of the villain league.

The feeling when we ran off, my hand in his.

It's just adrenaline.

The tension when we fight and pin each other down is normal. Right?

Or maybe, I actually do like him. The idea of him caring for me and hugging me every day.

I loved that. But I can't.

I don't know why. But I can't.

I have to push these feelings away. I have to. He's just gonna end up hurting me.