Chapter 55

TESSA'S POV:

Aura and I ran around the streets searching for anything we could help with. Whether it be a villain fight or civilians that needed rescuing.

Eventually we came across a little girl, probably 9 or 10. She looked really panicked.

"Hey! What's your name?" Aura approached her, a soft smile on her face.

"My name is Bree." She sniffled.

"Well Bree, let's get you out of here okay?" Aura put her hand out and the girl reluctantly took it.

"So Bree! Any idea where your parents are?" They started walking so I followed. I'm not really good with kids, so I decided not to say anything.

"Well, yeah. My dad is around here somewhere. He's a hero." Bree gave a small smile and I widened my eyes a little bit.

"Oh that's cool. Tessa and I are trying to be heroes too." Aura tried to make Bree feel better and so far it was working.

"Hey wait I know you guys!" The girl stopped walking and turned her head to look at me, and then back at Aura again.

"You're the ones who got kidnapped by the villains and my brother right?" 

What.

"Your brother?" I said in confusion.

"Blake! You know him right? Isn't he terrible?" Bree giggled a little.

"You're Blake's sister? I had no idea he even had a sister." Aura looked at me in disbelief, to which I just shrugged.

"I guess he doesn't talk about me. I don't care about him though." She started walking again, so Aura just followed her and kept talking.

"May I ask why you don't care about him?" Aura asked.

"Oh it's not just that. I hate him too. He was so rude to my dad for no reason. And he was rude to me." She rolled her eyes and I furrowed my eyebrows.

From what I know, I only assumed she was either lying, or really didn't know what her dad did to Blake.

Aura didn't say anything after that. The environment was uncomfortable.

"So why did you guys even become friends with Blake in the first place?" This girl just won't shut up will she.

"Well one of our other friends thought he seemed cool so we started to hang out with him." Aura responded nicely.

"Your friend must have been wrong then."

"Look kid. I don't know who you think you are but why don't you just stop talking about your brother and-" I started.

"TESSA!" Aura scolded me and I looked away for a moment.

This is why I'm not good with kids.

"Well well well!" I heard a voice from the distance and quickly stepped in front of Aura and Bree.

It was the knife guy again.

"Now this! This is a treat! You two girlies AND Blake's sister? I am winning today!" He appeared almost out of nowhere.

"How do you know who I am!" Bree yelled, her voice cracked a little.

"I was listening to your little conversation. But, also, it's written all over your voice." He laughed and stepped closer to us.

I put an arm in front of the two of them and the man just laughed more.

"Your arm isn't gonna stop my knives. I hope you know that." He smiled and kept moving closer.

I mentally cursed at myself for not being able to do anything. My visions won't work on him, and I'm not the best at hand to hand combat either.

"Run." I spoke quietly.

"I'm not fucking leaving you." Aura glared at me.

"Just go!" I yelled, almost immediately regretting my words.

"Bree. Run away." Aura told the girl, and she just left without question.

"I'm not going anywhere Tess." Aura shot me a smile and my eyes stopped watering.

"Heartfelt moment I see. Very nice." The man started clapping.

I gritted my teeth and ran at him, trying to do something, anything.

He just reached into a pocket and pulled out a knife, as expected. He threw it and it only grazed my leg, so I kept pursuing him.

If I could just touch him, then I could go past my limits. Maybe then, he would fall victim to the visions.

Aura ran at him too, so we both tried to hit him.

A knife hit Aura's cheek and it started to bleed, so she just smeared it and kept on trying. 

The guy kept running and then throwing knives. It was so hard to even catch up to him.

Aura went invisible and I tried to mask her foot sounds with mine, hoping it would trick him. I heard her speed up so I did the same.

When the man looked back again he noticed that Aura was gone, so he looked around.

I saw him get pushed to the ground so that's when I acted. I quickly pinned him down and went to work with his mind.

I knew that if this didn't work, we would probably be screwed. He kept squirming and he would probably break free soon enough.

I took a deep breath and Aura stopped me.

"Don't do anything irrational." She pleaded.

I ignored her and took another breath. I was going to make sure she's not gonna get hurt. 

I slipped into the back of my mind and pushed everything that was torturing me into the man. It was taking a lot of energy out of me, but I didn't care.

I couldn't see what was going on. Hell, I didn't even know if this was working.

I just made him see demons. Hear demons. 

Demons that I've had to listen to my whole life. Demons that have tortured me through everything.

I couldn't take it anymore.

I winced in pain and woke up from my state.

Aura was shaking me with tears flowing down her face. It was making the blood from her cheek drip even more.

"Aura?" I could barely feel my body.

"Hey hey hey look at me." She moved her hand from my shoulder to my face.

"God damnit what the hell did you do." She said under her breath.

I slowly raised my hand to her cheek and smiled as best as I could.

I wiped away her tears as they fell. Her breathing started to slow down from before.

"Aura." I managed to get out again. I felt myself shutting down.

"Yeah?" She answered quickly.

"I love you."

Her eyes widened and she smiled.

"I love you too." 

She pulled me into her arms and I let myself fall asleep in them, knowing she was okay, and knowing that she loved me back.

______________________

A/N: I am so sorry I haven't been updating LMAO I FEEL SO BAD. But like: auressa. I mean come on. Is that their ship name? I don't really remember.

also side note: when rereading previous chapters I saw that I made Blake's sister really young? which makes no sense plot wise so lets just say now she is 10 and I never made a mistake. Nope!

next chapter is in taylor's point of view I swear lol