Epilogue Chapter 1

TAYLOR'S POV:

Blake gets out of jail today! I haven't been able to hug him in so long. I hated looking at his face through the stupid glass, knowing the smile he put on wasn't real.

Lucas, Aura, Tessa, Sabrina, and I decided to meet Blake as soon as he comes out, but Aura wanted to do something different.

"We surprise him with you." Aura said as she drove the car. Recklessly, might I add.

Sabrina was hanging onto Lucas for dear life and he let out chuckles every once and a while, making her blush and get angry.

I was sitting in the very back row of the car. Well, more like laying down.

I had a full row to myself, I couldn't help it.

"What do you mean surprise him?" I sat up a little, seeing Aura turn to look at me.

Tessa grabbed her chin and turned it back toward the road.

"Sorry!" Aura giggled.

"Anyways, as I was saying. We make Blake think you had to do something and you couldn't make it."

"That seems mean-"

"Taylor shush listen to me. You hide somewhere, I haven't thought that far yet, and then surprise him! Then he's twice as happy!" She took a sharp turn, causing me to fall a little to the side.

"Aura!" I yelled at her while rubbing my head that I hit on the side of the car.

"You in?" She ignored my yell.

"Yes, I'm in. I haven't had the chance to mess with him in so long." I smiled.

We eventually pulled up to the jail after a four-hour drive that felt more like ten.

I waited for Sabrina and Lucas to get out and folded the seat in front of me, jumping out of the car.

I was a bit confused about how the system worked, so I had no idea what was gonna happen.

"He's most likely gonna walk out the front gate?" Lucas said, noticing everyone's confusion.

"Taylor you stay at the car." Aura put her hand out to motion for me to stay.

My phone started to vibrate and I saw that Sabrina was calling me. I looked up at everyone walking away and Sabrina smiled and pointed to her ear.

Oh. She wants me to hear what he says.

I nodded and leaned against the car.

Five minutes later, I heard a gate open through the phone.

Blake had the best tone in his voice. I hadn't heard happiness like that from him in such a long time.

But then he stopped laughing.

"Where's snow?" He tried to play off his sadness with a chuckle.

"She couldn't make it. But! You'll see her at some point today." Aura chimed in.

"Oh." He said quietly.

"It's all good though. You guys are here with me, so I'm happy anyway." He continued.

I heard them start to walk so I moved to hide behind the car, still listening.

Lucas tried to lighten the mood with some jokes, and it worked for the most part.

Blake seemed happy and sad at the same time.

I felt horrible. I thought this would be fun!

I heard their voices in the distance so I hung up the phone and stuffed it in my pocket.

Why was I nervous?

Do I look okay?

Do I SMELL okay?

I started cracking my knuckles and fidgeting with my fingers, a habit I picked up after everything happened.

"Blake we may not have been fully honest with ya." Lucas laughed and I heard him pat his shoulder.

I stepped out from behind the car slowly.

Blake's head was turned to the side.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"You idiot." Tessa got annoyed and pushed his face to look at me.

I had the brightest smile on my face as his eyes lit up.

His lips curled into a smile of his own, and his eyes started to water.

I ran up to him and jumped into his arms, tears already falling down my face.

He spun me around while laughing.

"Blake stop you're gonna-" I giggled out.

And then we fell.

My head landed on his chest and I pushed myself to sit up, still laughing.

He started to sit up as well, so I pulled on his shirt, still smiling.

His lips connected with mine for the first time in so long. I'd forgotten what it felt like.

We both smiled into the kiss and soon broke apart due to the audience we had.

Aura was clapping and forcing Tessa to clap as well, causing laughter from Sabrina and Lucas.

Blake lifted me and continued to carry me.

"You gonna put her down?" Lucas kept laughing.

"Nope." Blake answered. I buried my head into his shoulder in embarrassment.

Blake chuckled and carried me to the car, pushed the middle seat back, and put me down on the seat behind it.

He sat down next to me and smiled at me.

Lucas pushed the seat to its original place and piled in with Sabrina.

Once everyone was in the car we set off, excited to be together again.

Blake adjusted his position and touched my hand, hoping I would get the memo.

Thankfully, I did and laid down on his chest the best that I could without being uncomfortable.

My seatbelt kept getting in the way and he laughed at my struggle, so I just gave up and undid the seatbelt, and he did too.

We ended up laying across the seats. We both weren't in the best positions, seeing as we're pretty tall, but we didn't care.

He started to play with my hair, making me smile even more.

I started to get tired and he noticed, so he started to drag his fingers up and down my back.

I closed my eyes and drifted off to sleep, feeling happier than I had been in a long, long time.

____________________________________

A/N: First epilogue chapter! Very excited about the ideas I have for the future of these characters.

next chapter: blake gets jealous!

as always, ideas in the comments :)