Chapter 23

BLAKE'S POV:

I shouldn't have done that. I made her feel better, and it made me happy, but I played with her feelings.

I should have just kissed her. Gotten it over with. Then I could ignore her.

But I can't just ignore her. This is too difficult.

Why can't my emotions just be normal for once?

I should be worried about the mission, but i'm worried about Snow instead.

I decided to go to the woods. Get my anger out before something happens.

I went through the shadows and made it into the forest without anyone seeing me. Once I got there though, I thought I heard something.

Or maybe someone?

I should probably explain my power.

When I go into the shadows, i'm invisible to an extent. They can see my shadow, but if i blend in it's gone.

I can also shoot shadows from my hand but that's besides the point.

I disappeared and went to where the sounds were coming from.

That's when I saw her. She looked like she was half asleep, her head laying on the tree.

Why was snow sleeping in the forest? Oh god did I hurt her even more?

Maybe she was still sad from before.

Why can't I just THINK.

I feel so stupid right now. I can feel my anger bottling up. No.

I moved my legs as fast as they could take me away from Snow. I can't risk anything happening to her. I felt my phone vibrate from my pocket.

Not now.

I grabbed it and answered.

"You didn't call." He said, his voice cold.

"I didn't want to." I said briefly. He sighed. "Look son. I know you hate me but-"

"I hate you for a reason." I scoffed.

"Don't give me that attitude boy." He said. I could tell he was talking through gritted teeth.

"Or what? You'll beat me up like you used too? I'm stronger than you now and you know that." I yelled into the phone.

My eyes started to water so I shook it off. This isn't going to make me cry. He isn't going to scare me anymore.

"Maybe you are but that girl you like sure isn't"

"What are you talking about?" I questioned. My head was racing.

"Whats her name. Oh! Taylor Zoldyck."

"I don't like her. She's nothing to me." I forced. I tried to make it sound as natural as possible.

"Whatever you say. I have people that will kill her." He whispered. I knew he wasn't lying. The man has friends for everything. I never understood him as a kid. All I knew was that he was a cold hearted bitch, who abused his wife and son.

I hung up the phone and leaned against a tree. I slowly slid down until I was sitting in the dirt.

I balled up my fist and punched it against the tree behind me. The pain filled my body and I felt a little better.

I let my thoughts consume me and I laid my head on the tree. I let my eyes close and I thought about everything. About Snow, the villain league, my father, and my mother.

I finally drifted to sleep, not comfortable, but comfortable enough.

__________________________

THE NEXT MORNING:

I opened my eyes slowly and took in my surroundings. I quickly saw Snow, her head on my shoulder.

When did she? Why? How-

She moved slightly and I widened my eyes. Shit.

I slowly moved to grab my phone and checked the time. 5:30 am. Wow.

I yawned and looked back at her again. She looked so peaceful when sleeping. Her eyes kept fluttering.

Her face scrunched up and I flashed a look of concern. Nightmare?

Her arms moved and wrapped around my free arm. She was holding it tightly.

I sighed and set an alarm. I rested my head on hers and fell asleep again.

_____________________________

1 HOUR LATER:

TAYLOR'S POV:

I felt someone shaking me awake. I quickly opened my eyes and pushed my arms out in reflex.

"Calm down its only me." Blake said, his voice calm, but also tired.

"Oh. Sorry. Also I'm sorry for yesterday I-"

"You have nothing to be sorry about Snow." He smiled. I smiled back and he helped me up.

"So why did you come find me last night?" He chuckled as we walked out of the forest.

"I was sleeping in the forest but I woke up, so I was going to find my dorm when I saw you. I thought you needed some company." I sighed, looking at the floor.

"What are you embarrassed for? It was cute." He smirked. I blushed and looked up at him.

His eyes were glistening in the sunlight. I talk about his eyes a lot, but I promise it's for a good reason.

"Okay I get it, i'm hot, but you can stop staring now." He said. I rolled my eyes and laughed.

We finally got to the school and we made our way around into the quad.

"See you in class!" I smiled, waving to him. He waved back and laughed a little before we parted ways. He's so adorable.

Hold on what.

He's not adorable.

I didn't say that.

Pshhhhh what?

I'm definitely falling for him. I'm screwed.