Chapter 14

"Okay so, nothing really happened while you were gone. Just that Lucas is desperately trying to flirt with Sabrina and failing miserably." Aura said as we were walking out of the hospital.

Woah woah woah. He likes Sabrina? I mean I saw it coming but whaaaaa-

"I know. It's crazy. Sabrina wants nothing to do with him. It's really sad." She added and I frowned.

"He's gonna get his heart broken." I said quietly and she nodded. "And the team and I split your work up." She perked up.

"Thank you so much." I smiled and she smiled back. She always gets me in a good mood. I mean, I was just stabbed.

Oh my god thinking about it makes me feel worse.

But, it's a learning curve. I'm gonna have to train more. I think that because I was the best fighter, I stopped making myself better. But now with everything going on I have to do better.

I guess I'm gonna need a teacher.

"Okay get in the car! We have to get back so that you can sleep in the dorm tonight." Aura said, and I snapped out of my thoughts.

I stepped in the car and buckled my seat belt, the metal burning my skin as I did so.

We drove to the school and I laid my head on the window, looking out at my surroundings.

Trees whizzed past us and I admired every one of them. Each tree was different than the rest.

Once we finally got to the academy we signed in and parked. It was getting a bit dark so I went straight to the dorm with Aura.

I opened the door and smiled. Finally feels like home again.

I plopped down on the bed and fell asleep immediatly.

______________

THE NEXT MORNING:

I woke up to an alarm ringing in my ear. I turned it off and rolled out of bed, groaning with every movement.

I grabbed a protein bar from a shelf and started to eat it while picking out my outfit or the day.

I chose a pair of baggy jeans and a tight black shirt. I finished my protein bar and hopped into the shower.

Once I got out I brushed my teeth and put my hair into a loose ponytail.

I sighed and smiled to myself in the mirror.

Back at school. Just a normal day.

I met Aura at the door and we walked out, going down the hallway.

Soon enough we arrived at math. I sat down with Lucas and Aura and we sparked conversation immediately.

"Sabrina?" I whispered to Lucas and he sighed, shaking his head.

"Don't make fun of me for it." He slightly laughed.

"I'm not! Just why her?" I asked him.

"When she smiles, her face lights up. And when she laughs, shes actually having fun. I feel like something's going on with her deep down. She never smiles or laughs around anyone except her best friend Cora." He said and my eyes widened.

"They're actually best friends?" I said in shock.

"Shh." Someone said next to me and I laughed. "Sorry." I smiled and waved. They scoffed and went back to writing.

"They are. Its surprising, I know." He sighed.

"Well if you see something in her then I'll support you." I held my hand out to give him a handshake and he accepted.

"Me too!" Aura whispered loudly and we laughed.

"Will you please shut up!" The same person from before said and I rolled my eyes.

"You got it." I said and I wrote on my paper.

Some more boring minutes later, class finally ended.

I walked to fighting class and into the locker room. I changed into my outfit and brushed myself off as I went into the sparring room.

"Taylor, you will be partnered with Blake." The teacher said.

"But we always get partnered together." I sighed.

"I don't wanna hear it." The teacher told me, ad she walked away.

I walked onto the sparring mat and Blake joined me.

"Look. I didn't wanna ask you this but seeing as you're the only person that can beat me-"

"That one girl at the beach kinda beat you though." He interrupted and I sighed.

"The only person HERE that can beat me. I need you to help me with my fighting." I said to him, regretting it as soon as it came out of my mouth.

He smirked and I rolled me eyes. "I'll teach you." He said and I nodded.

"First you have to notice everything about the person you're fighting. Every little detail." He said and I scoffed.

"I know that already. Try something a little more advanced." I said and he laughed at me. "Just trying to help Snow." He chuckled.

"Make sure that when you're fighting, you do something to distract them. And find a point during the fight when they're most weak." He told me. I nodded my head and he motioned for me to start.

I jabbed at his stomach with my elbow, shaking it off afterward.

Man that hurt.

I tried a different approach. I punched him in the throat and he coughed, losing control. I flipped him and pinned him against the floor.

"Like that?" I said, both of us breathing heavily. Our faces were so close. I admired his features.

Why had I never noticed how attractive he is?

Woah. No. Nuh uh.

He smirked and quickly reversed roles. He rolled over and now he was on top of me instead. "Weak spot." He said.

I could tell he was checking me out as well, so I pushed him to the side and put my foot on his chest.

"Weak. Spot." I taunted and he sighed.

"You beat me! Great job." He said with a sarcastic tone.

"Could never have done it without your help." I replied, matching his tone. I lifted my foot off of him and he stood up.

"Oh and snow." He said and I raised my eyebrows.

"I'm glad you're alive." He smiled slightly and walked away. I smiled to myself and laughed.