Chapter 50

TAYLOR'S POV:

My mom shook me awake and my reflexes acted.

I fell off my bed. Great.

"Honey someone's here to see you." She said, and I rubbed my eyes.

"Uh, stall them I guess? Who even-"

"He's a hero. That one that went out of retirement I think." She said frantically.

I widened my eyes and froze.

"Get him out of here."

"Honey I don't know if I can do that." She sighed.

"Get him the hell out of our house." I balled my fists and stood up.

"Your dad and I will try but just get dressed." She said as she closed the door to my room.

I heard her run downstairs so I went to my closet.

I grabbed sweatpants and a baggy t-shirt, not wanting to do anything more.

I changed and opened my door ever so slightly to listen in.

"My daughter says she doesn't want to speak to you, so I suggest you leave." My dad spoke.

"I've been sent here for research purposes. I'll only ask her a couple of questions." Blake's dad said.

I stepped outside and walked closer to the stairs.

"Questions she's probably already been asked before." My mom piped in.

"Just a couple minutes of your time." He begged.

"Alright! Fine!" I yelled from the top of the stairs.

I walked down and stood in front of the man.

He smiled and I rolled my eyes.

"Mom, Dad, you can go into the kitchen, I'll be fine here." I gritted my teeth.

I sat down on the couch and the man did the same.

He was wearing a professional suit, and his hair was slicked back.

He waited until my parents were out of earshot and started talking.

"You know about my son."

"So what if I do?"

"I suggest you start talking little girl."

"Nah, I don't think I will." I crossed my leg on top of the other and glared at him.

"Why is he doing this. I need to know." He leaned in a little more.

"Why? Why? Gee I don't know, maybe because you abused him and his mother?" I snapped.

"Oh he pulled that card?"

"It's not an excuse for working for villains, but It makes sense. So there's you're answer."

"And yes. He played that card." I continued.

"You need to tell me everything you know or else you will go to jail." He threatened.

I only laughed.

"I don't know anything besides that. And if you even think about sending me or any of my friends to jail I WILL expose you. I don't know how I'll do it, but trust me. I will." I smiled.

"I think we're done here." I stood up and called for my parents, to which they came running.

"Thank you for your time." Blake's dad sighed as I continued smiling.

I waited for my parents to look away from me so that I could flip him off.

Totally worth it.

My dad slammed the door when he walked out and I flopped back onto the couch.

"Why did he want to talk to you?" My mom sat next to me.

"That was Blake's father."

"Oh." My mom sighed and put her hand on my back.

"He abused Blake and his mom. Even if Blake is a bad guy, his father is probably worse as of right now. At least, from what he's told me." I sighed.

"He seems terrible. Why hasn't he been reported yet?" My dad crossed his arms.

"Blake tried. The heroes just sent his dad because nobody really knows his true identity or anything. And nobody else ever cared." I bit my lip.

"No wonder he ended up like this then." My dad sighed.

"You shouldn't excuse Blake's actions." I replied, leaning my head onto the back of the couch.

"We know. It's just that he really seems not that bad. The rest of those villains are a different story." My mom said.

I closed my eyes and breathed out.

"I'm so sorry that you have to go through this." My mom started to tear up.

"I'm okay now mom. Really, I am." I promised her. She smiled and stood up.

"I love you." I said to her and my dad.

"We love you too." My dad replied.

I stood up to go to my room and walked up the stairs.

The entire time I kept thinking about Blake's dad. He seriously went to my house to get intel on his son, and was rude about it. What the fuck?

I know that all he wants to do is get rid of Blake. I can sense it.

Getting rid of Blake would fix all his problems.

I bet that's what he thinks.

I closed the door to my room and sat on my bed.

My phone buzzed so I turned it over and immediately dropped it back onto the bed.

"No. It can't be." I said out loud to myself.

I forced myself to look at it again and I swiped the message open.

"Hey. I'm throwing away this phone soon. Kinda surprised nobody ratted me out for having this. I just wanted to speak to you before I have to destroy it. I know this is completely out of line and you probably don't want to talk to me, but I have to ask. Did my father speak to you at all?"

I read the message.

I quickly responded. "Blake? What the hell?"

He read the message and started typing again.

"Yeah, it's me. I only have a couple minutes and nobody knows I'm texting you so please."

I sighed and tears started to well up in my eyes.

"He came to my house today. I yelled at him. But that's about it. He wanted to know if I knew anything. I said no though." I replied.

"Why did you say no?"

"Because I know he wants to hurt you. I don't want that to happen no matter what you've done."

"Snow. I can only tell you a little bit of what's happening, but the weapon is almost finished. Without you at school the parts are being stolen really quickly. I just needed to let you know. I have to go now." He texted.

I gasped as I read it and typed as quick as I could.

"Thank you. I hope you can realize that what you're doing is wrong. And maybe you can come back?" I had nothing to lose at this point.

After this, he was definitely gone forever.

"It's a little too late for that love."

_______________________

A/N: hey lol

reminder: ur gonna be okay (take it from me man)