Chapter 5

"This sucks." I said while Aura was skipping.

Yes. Skipping.

I worry about her sometimes.

"I don't really get why you think Blake is so bad." She replied. I cringed.

"He tries to one up me in EVERYTHING. It's so annoying." I said, trying to prove my point, but she just giggled.

"I guess you just found someone who's better than you at something." She said, grinning. I rolled my eyes and went to my locker to get my books.

The last class today was science, and in science we only really learn about normal things. It makes me feel like a basic teen (which I hate but somehow love at the same time)

I don't really remember all that well but the way people started having superpowers probably went like this.

"Oh my god I can shoot fire out of my hands."

"WITCH!!!"

And then they went into hiding, blah blah blah.

But now everyones like

"Please save us!"

Its kinda stupid but we do it anyways because we're nice.

Okay back to me.

I walked into science class and was relieved when I saw that Blake wasn't there. I smiled and sat next to Tessa.

She's not emotionless but she doesn't show emotions a lot either. She doesn't like talking about her past, and I honestly can't blame her.

She's probably been through a lot of shit.

Once the class started I kind of tuned out. I already knew half the stuff the teacher was saying.

Look. I'm super privileged and I admit that. I have two loving parents that taught and continue to teach me everything I will ever need to know.

I looked over to Tessa and she was pretty zoned out too. I decided not to bother her because the last time I did she got mad at me. I think she was meditating?

It sounds like something stupid from a tv show I know. But it works for her so i'm just going to leave her be.

The bell rang and I sighed in relief as I grabbed my books and headed out. I decided to go to my dorm, shower, and then read a book in the quad.

I put on some sweatpants and a pajama top and started walking down the stairs.

"Hey Tay!" Aura said while running up to me smiling.

I mean she always does that but-

"Hey!" I said.

"There's a party tonight in the woods." She whispered excitedly.

I smiled and nodded my head.

"I'm going."

There hasn't been a party in weeks!

I continue doing what I'm doing and go into the shade to read my book. It's really peaceful until Lucas walks up to me.

"Hey Taylor." He said, sitting down beside me.

"Hey. Whats up." I replied, reluctantly looking up from my book. "I don't know I'm just really bored."

"Understandable. Are you going to the party tonight?" I asked, glancing the next page wondering if I should read it while hes talking.

"Probably." He said and I laughed.

"Dude what is wrong with you?" I said.

"I don't know I guess I just have a weird vibe. Everything feels off right now." He said and I felt a chill go down my spine.

"What?" I asked, closing the book completely and turning to face him.

He shrugged. "Remember that thing where some people can tell when something bad is going to happen with their powers?"

"Lucas I think that's a stretch. Maybe you just have a high temperature." I said, worried.

There is NO way that something bad is going to happen. And usually if the universe warns someone that means it's really bad.

"No its different then that." He said and I nodded.

"I trust you on this. We'll figure this out tomorrow at lunch with the team." I said and got up, brushing my self off.

He walked away and I sighed, walking back to the dorm to get ready.

I put the book away and tried to choose an outfit, but the thought of the world being destroyed or something still lingered in my mind.

Well duh.

I shook it off and told myself it was probably just a false alarm.

I put on a cute above the knee dress, with a low cut and sparkles all over it.

I grabbed my suit and put it into the to go tube and put it in my bag.

You know, just in case.

Aura came out of her bathroom and I noticed she was wearing the flowy pink dress that she always wore.

I raised my eyebrows at her and she smiled. "I love this dress." She argued.

We walked to Tessa's room and she ran out of it, shutting the door behind her.

"Don't ask." She said and I didn't even question it.

We then walked to the pathway at the entrance of the woods and waited there to meet Lucas, which is what we always do.

This time though, he was accompanied by Blake.

OF COURSE!

We all went through the pathway, (created by a girl that can move plants) and at this point the party was already booming.

Music was playing, and they were totally good with the noise because someone made a shield.

They had a lot of drinks, and food.

Food.

I went over to grab a cookie when someone appeared beside me.

"Hey snow." He said.

"What." I answered, taking a bite out of my cookie.

"What's it like losing? I wouldn't know about it." He said and I bit my cookie harder this time.

I walked away and he laughed, while getting a cookie for himself.

Jesus I said cookie a lot there. Anyways.

I sat down by the bonfire and listened to the music. It was so loud, but soothing.

Aura sat next to me and handed me a drink. I gladly took it, and I started chugging it down without thinking of the taste.

Aura glared at me and I shrugged, getting up to get more.

____________________________________________________

A/N: I'm really happy with how this chapter turned out. And to all my readers, HI!! thanks for reading!

Also reminder: You are literally amazing. Don't ever forget that :))