chapter 30

Unedited

Unedited.

Aarna's POV:

"Aarna!!!" I heard the grumpy voice of Dhruv from outside the room.

"Five more minutes please," I replied, chuckling at his impatient voice.

"How much time will you need? Just come out dammit. We have to go there before the reception gets over but if it goes like this, I am sure, we have to witness his wife's baby shower." He again shouted.

Yeah. We both are going to attend the wedding reception of one of his clients. Since I decided to wear a saree, now I was in Athayya's room to get ready for the wedding as she was helping me with the saree and this guy was getting impatient, saying that it was getting late and wondering why women need so much time.

"Idiot, stop making circles in front of my room. We, women, take our sweet time to make ourselves look even more beautiful than usual. So go and wait downstairs like a good child, otherwise, I will break your legs." Athayya who was adjusting the pleats of my saree shunned him away so nicely.

After not hearing any response from the other side, we both presumed that he must have gone downstairs as she was shoving the unruly hair strands that were poking out of the slightly lopsided tousled bun that she had styled my hair into.

"This guy! So impatient for every damn thing." She grumbled as she once again adjusted my saree.

I chuckled at her words and stood in front of the mirror to have a good look at myself.

"Woah! I am looking so pretty as always. " I giggled as she shook her head slightly with a smile.

"Yeah. You are. Now go before that idiot comes here again," she said and I opened the door before nodding at her.

When I was descending the stairs, I saw him arguing with Gramps and Mamayya.

"What's the deal with this guy today?" I thought with a sigh and shook my head before walking up to them.

When he sensed my presence, he immediately looked at me with a somewhat admiring gaze, if I wasn't mistaken, which he had managed to mask immediately.

I scoffed at his obvious behavior before marching outside, following him closely.

Once we were in the car, all the way he kept on passing me the side glances which started to irk me like hell.

"Stop giving me those creepy looks. Just say it if I look beautiful. You know, you won't get killed for complementing your wife." I said while rolling my eyes.

Hearing my words, he rubbed his nose awkwardly as I bit back my smile and he avoided looking at me again throughout our remaining journey.

After reaching the venue, I started walking carefully to not trip on my saree when I heard him mumbling in a low voice.