chapter 28

Unedited

Unedited.

Aarna's POV:

I woke up when I felt the sun rays seeping into the room through the windows. I squinted my eyes a little and glanced down at Dhruv who was still sleeping in my lap in the same position. I sighed when I remembered all yesterday's events.

I carefully lifted his head and placed a pillow under his head slowly, before standing up while wriggling my sore waist and muscles for some time. I grabbed my phone and sent a message to my peddhamma(eldest aunt).

[Old lady, I am going to bless you
with my presence today. Do the honors of making all my favorite dishes.

-Aarna.]

It didn't take much time to get a response from her as she is always on her as if her life depends on it.

[Really? I am going to the temple with
Sarada. So wait for me at home. I will
make them once I return from the temple.

-Old lady.]

After getting the confirmation from her, I went to the restroom and got freshened up in a jiffy. By the time, I came outside, I saw him sitting on the bed while holding his head.

"Must be throbbing like hell. Good for him. Next time he won't dare to go anywhere near the alcohol." I thought in my mind and stood in front of the mirror before combing my hair and letting them flow down. All the while, I felt the burning gaze of him following my every action which I obviously chose to ignore.

I started packing my bag, placing the new dresses that required the adjustments as my Pedhamma was the one who always takes care of my dresses.

I was about to zip my bag when my hand was suddenly held by him. I glanced at him only to witness that he was looking at my face with a slight panic in his eyes, which he masked it immediately.

I gazed at his hold on my hand and raised my eyebrows at him in a questioning manner. Seeing this, he abruptly left his hold and stepped back a little before clearing his throat.

"Where are you going?" He asked without meeting my eyes.

"None of your business," I told him while rolling my eyes.

"Aarna, I am sor-"

"Save it for another time," I cut him off in the middle as I didn't want to hear his apology early in the morning and I didn't want to forgive him that easily.

Saying this I grabbed my bag and phone and went downstairs. When I saw Athayya in the kitchen, I helped her in preparing breakfast and placed the dishes on the table.