chapter 19

Aarna's POV:

Aarna's POV:

"Akka, stop crying. It's not good for the baby," I told her softly.

I felt her nodding over my shoulder before detaching herself and wiped her tears. She took out a water bottle from her bag and gulped some water to calm herself a little.

"You know, it isn't good to keep everything in your heart when there are people who are willing to hear it and share your pain. Not everyone will have someone to listen to their story. So if not me, try to share it with others. It will help you for sure." I said while rubbing the belly of chinnu.

"I know. I am glad that I met Daksha that day. She is an amazing person and because of her, I got to know another amazing person. You guys are so good." She said with teary eyes.

"Please don't start crying again," I whined and she laughed a little before looking ahead blankly.

"Life really throws so many surprises at us at an unexpected time. My family is a conservative middle class one. Though we aren't rich, my dad never made me feel like one." She said and I didn't dare to interrupt her as I knew where she was heading to.

"He always tried to give me the best. Since I am the only child. I was pampered by the entire family. My dad, he is my everything. He is more like a friend. Though he is an outgoing person, love marriage is a taboo in our family. Before joining the college, he warned me strictly to not involve in any kind of relationship. I agreed to it immediately as I knew there was a reason behind his repulsion against the love affairs."

"But how naive was I. I broke my promise and went against my dad's word. I fell in love with a guy from the other department. He courted me for so many months and at last, I agreed to be in a relationship with him. He was a perfect boyfriend material. Though he was so rich, he never once made me feel inferior. He used to adjust to my lifestyle. He used to come with me to every local Dabas even when he wasn't comfortable being there."

"I loved being in his company. He was always protective of me. I eventually imagined him as my life partner. But my only fear was my Dad. I knew he would never agree to our relationship and it didn't take much time for the news of me being in a relationship to reach his ears. I just completed my final exams in fashion designing. He summoned me at home suddenly and questioned me about my relationship. I wanted to be truthful."

"So I told him everything. For the first time in my life, he looked at me with disappointment. That was enough for me and his look made me feel ashamed of myself. He stopped talking to me. Our usual banters got reduced. He started being a father figure to me and nothing more. I didn't know why he hated love marriages a lot. My boyfriend came to my house one day as he was pretty worried about me. He didn't know what was happening in my life."

"My dad told him that my marriage got fixed and politely asked him to go away. I thought my dad was just giving him an excuse but I didn't expect it to be true. The next day, my engagement was done hastily. I wanted to oppose everything but I couldn't even open my mouth. I tried talking to my dad but he didn't even budge a little and refused to talk to me."