chapter 5

Dhruv's POV:-

Dhruv's POV:-

It had been two days since I agreed to the marriage. I really didn't know where my life was heading too. Since that day, I hadn't talked properly with my family.

I completely immersed myself in the work as it was the only way to escape from this nightmare. If it was up to me, I didn't want to marry now or never but I gave a promise to my mom and I couldn't back out now.

With these thoughts, I sighed and continued driving. Now I am on the way to the factory of a company which is partnering with my company. I am going there to check the samples of the new product that we both companies are going to launch.

I didn't need to go there personally to check and I can send someone from the quality department for that task but I don't want to do that because I am shouldering the responsibility of two companies and I want to make sure with my own eyes that everything is going perfectly.

Arjun trusted me and handed over his business to me. So I don't want to disappoint him and moreover, I don't want to disappoint myself. So this is the habit of mine to check every little thing personally.

I am going there alone since I assigned some other tasks to my personal assistant. Soon I reached there and The CEO of that company welcomed me. He personally showed all the samples to me. I examined them and got quite satisfied with the products.

Still, I wanted those products to go through quality checks in my own company. So after taking them along with me, I took my leave from there. Since it is a factory, it is placed on the outskirts of the city.

I am on the way to my company, I suddenly received a call from my men whom I have assigned to protect Ankitha.

Seeing this, I stopped my car and attended the call immediately, thinking it was some kind of emergency.

"Is everything okay..?" I asked him worriedly.

"Everything is fine, sir. It is just that mam visited the hospital today. Just to make sure that she is okay, I asked someone who is working in that hospital to get me the details of her visit. I called you to apologize for intruding on her privacy." He told me in a guilty tone.

"It's okay but never repeat it again. Btw, nothing is serious..right. Is she fine.?" I asked him, hoping nothing will go wrong.

"Nothing to worry, sir. It seems that Mam is pregnant and she just visited the gynecologist for a check-up. She safely reached her house too." He told me but I froze in my spot after hearing the news. I immediately ended the call after ordering him to retreat and not to follow her anymore.

She is pregnant. I smiled sardonically. Finally, she is going to have a family of her own. I am quite happy for her but I felt a slight tug in my heart. I ignored it because, for me, her happiness matters the most.