chapter 37

Unedited

Unedited.

Target: 245 votes.

Aarna's POV:

"Okay, let's go our home," I told him while standing so as he followed my suit and stood up. He held my hand carefully so as not to touch the scalded area and led me out but the moment we turned around, we stood rooted the ground after noticing that we had the audience.

I gulped down a lump when I saw the tear-stricken face of Swaru. She stared at me for a good few minutes as I squirmed in Dhruv's hold in anxiety. I expected a good amount of accusations and hate-filled stares from her but she did nothing except for walking back into the house calmly.

I gripped Dhruv's hand and looked at him in worry as he passed me an assured glance before shifting his gaze to my mom who was weeping silently. I immediately bent down my gloomy eyes when I noticed her. Holding my hand, he marched towards my parents and nodded at my dad.

"Take her home." He said nothing except for that while patting my head lovingly. I just a bit down my lips and stood there meekly while avoiding their eyes.

Once we were out of their sight and got settled in our car, I heaved a sigh and took deep breaths to control my emotions, and passed him an assuring smile when he looked at me with his worry-filled eyes.

As we reached home, we both silently left to our home. After freshening up, I joined Dhruv in the bed and dozed off in his embrace with so many unexplainable scenarios running in my mind.

 After freshening up, I joined Dhruv in the bed and dozed off in his embrace with so many unexplainable scenarios running in my mind

It's been a week since Swaru's birthday incident had happened. Till now, she neither called me nor attended or replied to my messages. Though I was so worried, I told myself to give her some time to accept the truth and Dhruv had been my constant support, always trying to cheer me up. I was finally able to accept the reality and started to be my old self.

I jerked out of my thoughts when suddenly a pair of arms wrapped around my waist. I smiled knowing who was it and continued to dry my hair with the towel when he buried his face in the crook of my neck.