chapter 16

Aarna's POV:

Aarna's POV:

When I went outside, I saw that Athayya was coming in my direction while holding a bowl in her hand. After seeing me, she stopped in front of me and handed me that bowl.

"I am coming to your room only. Aadhya said that Dhruv is not going to his office. So I brought some grapes for him to eat. Give them to him", She said hurriedly before rushing downstairs.

Well..where is he now.?

I thought and went downstairs with the bowl in my hands.

"Gramps, do you know where Dhruv is.?" I asked after I saw him lounging in the living room while munching onto the sunflower seeds.

He glanced at me lazily and pointed towards the garden area. Without replying to him, I immediately marched towards the garden and saw that he was sitting on the swing while dangling his legs too and fro. He had a distant look on his face and was gazing at the roses in front of him.

Though hesitated at first, I walked in his direction slowly and cleared my throat.

.........

Dhruv's POV:

Damn..why did I storm out just like that.?

She must have gotten hurt by my behavior but I didn't know what came over me when she pointed at that painting.

All the memories that I had never remembered after Aarna's entry in my life had rushed back into my mind, making me numb with the pain.

When I agreed to marry Aarna, I promised her and myself to forget about my past and would try to move on in my life but how will it possible if single memory of me with Ankitha holds so much place in my heart.?

Can I ever make Aarna happy.? Can she live with me peacefully even when my mood is going to change like the weather?

Before marriage, I never have to think about all these things but now I have to do it because of Aarna's presence in my life. I can't disappoint her but I don't know what to do. I never felt this helpless in my life.

Every moment that I had spent with Aarna was so precious. After so long, I am started being myself but I have to spoil everything.

The reason that I didn't go to the company today was, I wanted to spend this time irritating her, annoy her as doing this had become my favorite pastime these days to let myself enjoy the moment of happiness.

But that painting topic had to spoil everything. That painting was drawn by Ankitha when she was still in the learning stage. She stayed all night to complete it and presented it to me on my birthday. That was the best day of my life.

That painting was so precious to me as it held the memory of us being together. So even after our breakup, I never once dared to remove it from there. Though it pained me to see that painting every time, I enjoyed seeing it, hanging there.