chapter 48

Unedited

Unedited.

Dhruv's POV:

"Let me go! Now is not the time to go into the details." Seething out, she wiped her tears and glared at me when I still didn't release my hold on her.

"No. I won't let you go alone at this time, not at least when you are not in your right state of mind." I said still maintaining my calmness.

"Stop behaving like you care. I already told you before and now I am telling you again, I hate to live with false assumptions. Now if you leave my hand, I really have some important matter to attend than to dillydally with you."

She angrily shrugged off her hand and I stood there losing all my composure as this was the first time she was behaving out of her character.

"Believe it or not, it doesn't change the fact that I care for you, though I was a jerk to you. Now, wait for me here!" Saying this, I was about to go inside to get my phone.

"Heck I will obey you," gritting her teeth, she was about to ignite the engine but before she could do so, I swiftly took the keys off the bike.

"Dare you to take a step ahead. Stay here." I ordered her sternly and ignoring the glares she was throwing at my side, I ran inside to go into our room to grab my phone and after thinking of something, I grabbed my car keys too.

Taking them along with my wallet, I hurriedly jogged outside and saw that she was still standing there with her hands crossed over her front while huffing angrily.

"Come with me," And when I saw her still standing there stubbornly, I sighed and reminded her," I asked you to come. Okay. Fine. Two can play the game. I thought it's really an emergency but it seems like it's not the case anymore. Great. I will also stand here along with you. Mind you it's really hard to find cabs or auto rickshaws here at this time."

When she heard my words, all her previous worry again got apparent on her face and she turned her face to me while thinning her lips.

"Now will you come?" I asked her and when I saw her nodding at me slowly, I made my way to the garage to get the car out.

Once she got into the car, I immediately started driving, following the directions she was instructing blankly. When I saw the surroundings of the outskirts, I was instantly reminded of our second meet here where she offered me a lift.

I smiled fondly at that memory which was forever etched in my mind and heart.

When she stared at me blankly after noticing my smile, I instantly put a facade and concentrated on the road with a straight face before clearing my throat.

As we reached that place, she hurriedly alighted the car and rushed inside as I took my time to park the car and getting off it. When I stepped out of the car, I was stunned when I noticed the name of this place as it was an orphanage.