chapter 26

Unedited

Unedited.

Aarna's POV:

In the evening, Athayya called Dhruv to return home early and he did but from the time he was home, he had been whining like a little girl.

"I won't take a 'No'. You are going with Aaru to the supermarket. That's final." Athayya told him sternly.

"No, ma. I don't want to go. Moreover, isn't it Rani Aunty's duty to do the grocery shopping?" He again whined.

"She is on leave today. If it was not for making the Aaru's favorites, I wouldn't have asked you to do it. Go and stop whining around me. It's damn irritating."

"Why is she the only one who is getting the favorite dishes? What about me and Aadhya?" He asked her like a child with a frown, completely forgetting the main issue.

"Because she cleared her exams and we have to celebrate it na," she explained to him patiently.

Hehe.. Yes, I cleared my exams and the results were good. Though I wasn't a topper, I was quite satisfied with my results. At least I didn't have any backlogs.

"Why didn't I remember you making at least a single sweet dish when I aced in my exams and topped in my university back then? Yet here you want to celebrate her mediocre results. What a differential treatment." He scoffed in my direction and I just rolled my eyes in return.

"What mediocre results? What's so big in acing those so-called business-related exams? Even I can pass those exams in a single sitting. How are they comparable to passing the medical exams? Don't show off your academics in front of me. Just go with her without any further arguments." Saying these in a single go, she gasped to take a deep breath and sauntered into the kitchen, without paying him further heed.

{P.S: All the commerce students(including me) out there, please don't take it to heart🙈}

Dhruv's expression was worth watching. He was looking as if someone had just stuffed a bitter gourd in his mouth and made him swallow it unwillingly. I stifled my laughter and raised my eyebrows at him.

"Didn't you hear what Athayya had said? Let's go," I probed him.

He glared at me grumpily and made a few circles in the living room, before storming upstairs.

I slowly followed him closely and entered the room. Seeing him sitting on the bed like a grumpy lad, I sighed in vexation and moved towards him.

"Hey, don't behave as if someone has just snatched your whole estate. It's just getting the groceries. What's so big deal in it? Hurry up." I tried to pacify him but he still sat there like a rock.

"Dhruv, please na. Not even baking items are there at home. I want to bake myself a chocolate cake but there are no ingredients. Let's go. If you come with me, I will bake you a whole big cake and will even help you in sneaking that cake into our room. What say!!" I suggested.