chapter 43

Unedited

Unedited.

Dhruv's POV:

After she left from there, I headed down with the slumped shoulders, and opening the refrigerator, I gulped the mouthful of water. That was when my gaze fell on the cake that was sitting in the corner.

Stretching my hand, I carried it and placed it on the kitchen platform before settling myself on it too.

'Congratulations, Mr. D.

I know you can do it as I always believe in you than anyone.'

My eyes instantly teared up after reading what was written on it. Wiping my tears forcefully, I put a small piece into my mouth and gulped it painfully.

Ignoring my blurry vision, I kept on savoring her treat for me with a fork.

Believe in me? How can you, Aaru even after getting so hurt in return, how can you believe me? Why can't you just be like me at least for once and accuse me of all the things? Why can't you do it? If only you did it, I would also get to know how it pained to have been accused without any mistake.

'I am truly sorry, Aaru. I know you can't forgive me this time. I also know I don't deserve you but call me selfish, I just can't live without you and leave you.'  I thought through my tears.

•••••

I looked down, masking away my pain when she again left the house without having her breakfast with us. While mom glared at me, dad just shook his head at me in disappointment as I closed my eyes in defeat.

It's been her routine since that day. She would never look at us or share her day with anyone. This house would no longer be filled with her chatter and laughter. I no longer would get a chance to irritate her or to experience her pranks.

Just like had she promised, she was really staying away from anyone by going to the hospital early and coming back late. I missed my Aaru and I didn't know how to undo my mistake and soothe her pain.

Washing my hand, the left the food untouched and started for my office. The whole morning went lifelessly and ignoring the grumbling of my stomach, I continued working to divert my mind.

Just as I was about to grab another file, I heard the ringing of my phone and seeing it was Indra who was calling me, I attended it immediately.

"Come to the station." I heard his curt voice and frowned in confusion.

"Why?"

"It would be better if you come here. You will understand everything." Mumbling an okay, I ended the call and informed Ravi to cancel all my further appointments before rushing outside to start for the station.

All the way, I kept on thinking about the possibilities but couldn't get at any. Once I was in front of the station, I parked the car and went inside to know what exactly was happening but slowed down in my track after witnessing Aaru and Aadhya sitting in front of Indra in his cabin.