chapter 34

Unedited

Unedited.

Aarna's pov:

"Nothing happened to her. Calm down. She is fine. Everything is fine. She and her baby, both are fine." I chanted to myself continuously, sitting on the back seat of the car as the driver was driving me home. I brought my shivering hands together, in an attempt to stop them from quivering while I was trying to look normal when the driver gave me a suspicious look from the front mirror.

I attempted to smile at him a little, secretly praying for the end of this torturous journey and to reach home soon. Once I reached home, I got off the car and rushed inside without even bothering to close the car's door on my way.

I climbed the stairs and stood in front of Athayya's room. Then raised my trembling hand to knock on the door but dropped it after a little hesitation. I just turned around to head towards my room, when the door of her's got opened and she came outside while adjusting her bun. She seemed to be surprised and frowned a little at what I was doing in front of her room but smiled at me warmly.

"Why are you standing there itself? Come inside." She welcomed me and nodding at her, I hesitantly entered inside as she followed me by closing the door.

"Do you need something? Why are you standing outside like that but not calling me?" She questioned me as I started looking around, not knowing what to answer. Sensing my hesitation, she nudged my shoulder in a way of asking me to say it out without any hesitation.

"Can I sleep for a while by laying my head on your lap?please?" Though it wasn't my intention, the word 'please' came out of my mouth in a vulnerable tone.

She frowned at me at first but soon an understanding look formed on her face and she gestured me to place my head on her lap once she settled herself in the middle of the bed. Passing her the thankful smile, I hurried to embrace her motherly gesture.

Once I placed my head on her lap, she started running her fingers through my hair as my eyes literally teared for some obvious reasons.

'Is this how it feels to experience the motherly love?' I asked myself as this was the first time I experienced this kind of warm and fuzzy feeling. Though peddhamma, Daksha akka, and yuktha akka had done the same thing to me several times in the past, it was not the same.

"What's bothering you, Aaru?" She asked me and as if it was a cue, a sob escaped my mouth after hearing her gentle tone.

I buried my face in my hands and started wailing painfully as she moved her hands from my hair and started patting my back in a consoling manner. I knew she had so many questions, not only her even Dhruv must have so many questions and thoughts running in his mind but how can I answer them? How can I say what a kind of sinner I am? but they all deserve the truth and I know I have to tell them.