chapter 40

Note:

1. First of all, I am extremely sorry for not giving the update on time and the reason was, I was caught up with some personal commitments. From now on, I try not to repeat it again. Once again I am sorry.

2. Thanks to those who have nominated my books for the 'South Asian Awards' and I am really grateful to receive such love from you all. If you find it worthy enough to get nominated, then please do nominate my works in the genre that you might find fit. As it's my first time being nominated, it's a kinda special moment for me. Thank you all once again for your love.

Happy reading : )

Unedited.

Aarna's POV:

"The meeting went well. Ravi informed me over the call." Mamayya announced while entering his room as I was in theirs to get help from Athayya with my saree.

Hearing his words, a genuine smile flitted my face, and from the time he left for the business trip, this was the only once I smiled genuinely and happily. I was truly happy and proud of his achievements and Somehow the guilt that was killing me inside was subsidized a little.

God forbid, if something wrong went with his deal, believe me, I could never forgive myself but nothing in such a way had happened. I trust in Dhruv's capabilities and my instincts were proved to be correct.

"Finally his hard work is paid off. My boy is just so awesome." Athayya gushed as I chuckled at her enthusiastic self.

It was not the first time Dhruv had achieved something big but every single time when he accomplished a thing, this would be her reaction. She would never fail to praise her son though she was so used to this by now and him achieving something was nothing new.

"You can praise him as much as you want once he comes back tonight. So for now, I don't want my eyes to be blinded by your gushing." He said with a scoff as Athayya glared at him.

Smiling at their banter, I rose from the bed and excused myself before going inside the kitchen with the thought of baking his favorite triple chocolate layered cake.

Ignoring the fact I already got ready in a saree for the event I had planned with my girls and Aadhya, I busied myself with the process carefully to not ruin my outfit in the process.

"At least, you are good at something." I thought to myself sardonically while looking at the outcome of my efforts.

Placing the cake in the refrigerator and untying the apron, I made my way upstairs to clean myself a little. After doing so, I again went downstairs, awaiting Aadhya's presence.

"God! Where is this girl? Still haven't reached home. It's so strange." I heard Athayya's voice as she was descending the stairs with Mavayya following beside her.