chapter 39

Unedited

Unedited.

Target:  245 votes.

Aarna's POV:

"Dhruv! Put that work aside for a while and join us." Athayya asked him when she saw him carrying a file in his hand to work even after he came home.

"Don't disturb him. He is putting so much effort into this project. Once it got finalized, all his time is only yours." Mamayya said before Dhruv could even get a chance to respond and gestured him to carry on.

Nodding at him, Dhruv strode upstairs and made his way to the study as we all got busy with our chattering. Mamayya and Gramps were playing chess and we, ladies were busy listening to Athayya as she was gossiping about the next door, Aunty.

After an hour or so, Gramps and Granny retired to their room as Mamayya went to join Dhruv in the study. Aadhya too left saying that she had to go to bed as she had an early lecture tomorrow.

Only Athayya and I were left in the living room. Since no one was there, I shifted my seat near to her and sat beside her as we both started humming along with the tune that was playing on the Gramps old antique.. I mean radio.

"Aaru, can I tell you something?" She said out of whereas I hummed in response, still immersed in the music.

"Thank you!" Confused I looked at her with a frown as I didn't get what she was thanking me for.

"I never imagined that there would be a day where I could sit peacefully like this, without having any worries and enjoy the time." She said with a smile and I nodded at her, though I didn't understand the reason yet.

"Silly girl! Ask it if you are confused. No need to act so humble." She chuckled as I scratched my head with a sheepish smile.

"You know, the sole reason for my worries is that Idiotic son of mine. It might sound like I was exaggerating but it's true when I said that there wasn't a day where I had slept so peacefully without worrying about him. I used to miss the cheery self of my son. He used to smile wholeheartedly every time. He used to-.. Aish. Let it be. Anyways, the reason why I am thankful for you is, thanks for bringing back the old self of my son.

"Your efforts might not be obvious to everyone and you can pretend to be completely clueless about them but I can see your love for him in every action of yours. So Thank you. Thank you for lessening the worries of a mother and thank you for still putting up with that idiot. I couldn't pray for more except for this peace to persist long in our family. Also, whatever the situation may be, promise me that you will never leave us. " she asked me while standing up from her seat and looking at me expectantly.

"I promise you that I will never leave you, guys," I said with a teary smile as I stood up to hug her.

"Thank you." She said while patting my back through the hug.