chapter 7

Dhruv's POV:-

Dhruv's POV:-

I intended to come clean in front of her about my past and I was going to leave everything up to her. Though I really enjoyed her company, I truly wished for her to say 'No' to this marriage.

Because it was not fair for her when I couldn't lend her a place in my heart and she wasn't obliged to mend my broken heart. It wasn't her duty. She really has a lively personality and I wished to keep it like that.

So that's why I was going to tell her about my decision, ignoring the defiance of my heart.

But looking into her beautiful orbs which were full of expectations and hope, I couldn't say it. So I stood in front of her by turning my back to her.

After gathering enough courage, I started telling her.

"I know, it is really uncalled for but I have to say this. It is really important. After hearing it, it is completely up to you whether you want to proceed with this marriage or not." I told her without turning out.

"What is it? You are completely freaking me out. Is there any problem? If it is, we can solve it together." She said calmly and I sensed her coming near me.

"Just listen to me first. Then you can decide for yourself after that," I told her after shaking my head at her.

"Okay."

"I am in lo-" I got interrupted in the middle by the sudden knock on the door. I groaned in frustration.

"Sorry to disturb you guys. They are calling you downstairs." Daksha said while standing outside the room.

"Akka. You go. We will join you all in a minute," Aarna told her. After nodding at us, Daksha left from there.

After she left, Aarna turned to me and looked at me to complete my sentence.

"Say it yaar. They are urging us to come downstairs." She asked me after seeing me not saying anything.

"Leave it. Let's go downstairs before they will assume something." I told her in a weak tone.

"Are you sure.?" She asked me while looking at me doubtfully and I nodded at her slowly.

After that, we both went downstairs and resumed our previous places.

Seeing both of us, everyone smiled at us.

"Now, they both have talked with each other. So when will we plan for the marriage?" Mom asked Aarna's father and I released a grunt.

Aarna might have noticed my expression. So she looked at me for a while and turned to me.

"Arey..won't you ask us whether we both liked each other.?" She asked my mom, making my mom's head to snap in my direction.

She looked at me skeptically and turned her face to Aarna with a smile.

"Why are talking like that Aarna.? Silly girl. We already liked you. That's why we came here to meet you officially and to discuss the marriage dates." Mom told her in an assured tone. She smiled at my mom and looked at me.