chapter 42

Unedited

Unedited.

Dhruv's POV:

"Maa, where is Vadhina?" She asked my mom who was sitting in the living room, immediately after limping into the house.

Soon after witnessing the plight of Aadhya, her initial neutral expression turned into a panicked one and she immediately rushed towards Aadhya.

"Oh my! Why do you also have wounds on you? How did this happen?" But my mind kept on thinking about the word 'also'.

'Who's the one she is talking about? Who got hurt?' I thought with a frown as my eyes got widen at the possibility of who might it would be.

"Maa, I will tell you. Before that, please Answer me. Where is Vadhina? " hearing her question, she left her hold on Aadhya. Seeing the expression of my mom, a strange fear engulfed me.

"She left." She answered while glaring at me.

"What?" I blurted out and felt like someone had gripped my heart, the moment these words left her mouth.

"Left? At this time? What are you saying? Why would she leave the house in the first place? Maa, please tell me where she is. I beg you." Aadhya asked her in an agitated tone.

"Ask your brother." She said in a cold tone as I gulped a lump.

"What? Anna, do you know where she is? Then why did you bring me here instead of taking me to her? Now let's go. Take me to her." She asked me with her teary eyes as I glanced at my mom, not knowing what to say.

"He can't tell you where she is as he only knows how to throw the people out of his life. So he doesn't bother to know about their whereabouts after doing so." She said with a scoff.

"Maa, please stop confusing me and tell me where exactly she went."

"She left the house and the reason is your brother. As for why she had left the house in such a heartbroken state, I have yet to know about it. So you should ask your brother about his great deeds as no one knew it better than him."

"Anna, what is she saying? What happened between you two? Did you guys have a fight? I knew it. I really felt something was off when I couldn't see her at the hospital. What did you do to her that she had to leave her own house?"

I rubbed a hand on my tired face and released a worried sigh thinking about Aaru.

"Dhruv, she is asking you a question and you can't escape from answering it." Mom probed me with a glare as I avoided looking into their eyes.

"Dhruv, speak up. What are you ashamed of? About telling us what you have done when you didn't even feel it while doing so?" I closed my eyes painfully as I understood what kind of blunder I had done when I said those hurtful words to her.