chapter 1

Aarna's POV:

Aarna's POV:

The light of the dawn seeped into my room and rubbing my bleary eyes, I sauntered towards the window. When I glanced up to the sky, I noticed the pearly glow illuminating from it, shrouding the surroundings and It was a particularly warm sight to watch, but it didn't succeed in uplifting my dampened spirits and failed in brightening my gloomy mood.

Because I never expected Daksha Akka to get married this early. Though I was happy for her, I just couldn’t digest the fact that everything wasn’t going to be the same anymore.

I dreaded these kinds of situations the most. I knew very well that parting was inevitable, and we couldn’t always live together like we used to do. Everybody has to get married at one point or the other in their lives.

It was not like we were never going to meet again. In fact, we could often meet as we all were still in the same city. It's just that I was so used to her presence that I didn’t know how to live without her.

Though Rishu and Yuktha Akka were going to be there for me, they couldn’t replace Daksha Akka’s place in my life.

I loved all three of them equally, but I kinda have a special connection with Daksha Akka. Her being with me in all my ups and downs might be a reason for that.

My chain of thoughts was interrupted by the sudden knock on my door. I told that person to come in as the door was not locked.

When I heard the sound of the door opening, I turned around to see Yuktha Akka coming towards me with a tired look on her face.

I think all these wedding arrangements took a tremendous toll on her. She stood in front of me and gave me a scrutinizing look to which I veered my face to the other side.

"What's with your long face and your gloomy mood, early in the morning itself?" Yuktha Akka asked me while squinting her eyes.

"As if you don't know. Won't you miss her? I am glad she is getting a chance to experience the happiness in her life again, but how are we going to live without her?" I said sadly, pouting a little.

"Oh. So, this is the reason behind your unusual behavior. Silly girl! You do know that we have to face this situation one or the other day..right? It may not be now, but we all have to get married and eventually have to part our ways with each other. In fact, we are lucky that Daksha is still staying in the same city as us and we can meet her at any time we want. So when you know about it, why are you feeling so sad about her not being here?" Saying this, she caressed my cheeks lovingly.

"Yeah. We can meet her at any time. Then I will meet her every day. It will only take 20 minutes to reach Arjun Bava's (brother-in-law) house. In fact, we can meet her now too. Let's go. Pretty please," I implored to make her agree to my demand.

"No, we aren't going there, and you also can't go there any time soon. Since they are a newly married couple, we have to give them some privacy. After that, we can visit her as per our wish. Anyway, we will meet her today, and I came here to inform you about that only,” she reasoned out, and I felt her words made some sense.