Prologue

A girl in her mid-twenties was walking on the premises of her university while carrying her backpack.

Suddenly a call of her name that came from behind, made her halt on her tracks. Frowning, She spun around and saw that a guy, who was around the same age as her, was running towards her.

Once he reached her, he started taking long breaths while panting heavily. She looked at him in confusion and probed him with her gaze to tell the matter.

Understanding her gesture, he started saying something but stopped in the middle while squirming in his place nervously as if he was hesitating to say it.

Seeing that he was not going to say anything, she got annoyed and turned around to resume her walking. Sensing her intention, he again stopped her.

" Aarna. Stop. Don't go. I will tell you now. Actually...I li... I don't know how to say this. This is my first time doing this. So please forgive me if it is not within your expectations," He mumbled.

" Please stop beating around the bush and come to the point. I am getting late for my lecture and that professor won't encourage tardiness," She said in an irritated tone.

" Sorry. I will come to the point. I started having feelings for you. I like you, Aarna. I don't know when I started noticing you or as a matter of the fact, started falling for you but I like you beyond my imagination. You are a jovial and easy-going person. I like your cheerfulness, wittiness, craziness, and everything about you. Most importantly, I like your smile a lot. Every time you smile, you look even more beautiful. I want t-" he was about to continue but got interrupted in the middle by her.

" Thanks for your compliment. Did you notice anything other than that smile.? " She asked him while trying to display an air of expectancy. After thinking for a while, he shook his head indicating a 'no'.

Hearing his answer, she lifted her hand towards his face which made him flinch in his place, and he closed his eyes tightly, ready to welcome a tight slap from her. But she surprised him by giving a light pat on his cheek.

" I am glad that you have feelings for me. I appreciate your honesty and straightforwardness but come to me again when you find out what I am hiding behind that smile. I will think about your proposal then." After saying this, she patted his cheek once again and twirled around, leaving him utterly confused and clueless.

••••••••••

In a luxurious hotel, there was a man in his late twenties, going through the mails on his mobile phone while waiting impatiently for the arrival of the representative of the other company.

His secretary made a reservation in this hotel to finalize the deal with a company. It had been fifteen minutes since he came here but the person who was representing that company was nowhere to be seen.

Got irritated at their impetuous behavior, he stood up to take his leave and decided to call off the deal once he reached his company.

When he was about to leave, his nostrils were assaulted with the whiff of strong perfume which made his guts churn in disgust.

Looking up, he glanced at the culprit and was greeted with the sight of a woman who was wearing a gaudy dress with thick makeup on her face.

" Hi, Mr.Dhruv. Nice to meet you.Sorry for the delay. I am Pooja Sarma, representative of Sarma corporations. I am the daughter of Sooraj Sarma," she introduced herself while emphasizing the word 'Sarma' and forwarded her hand for a handshake which he ignored very royally with a frown on his face.

Embarrassed at his outright rejection, she coughed a little and retracted her hand before settling herself on the chair opposite to him. The discussion about the deal went on for more than thirty minutes.

After closing the deal, he wanted to take his leave immediately but she stopped him by saying that she wanted to have a personal talk with him about something.

Getting 0annoyed with her behavior, he huffed in irritation and got settled again in his seat reluctantly out of respect to her father.

" Marry me," She declared so directly and earned one of his famous cold glares.

" I am serious. Marry me. As I am the only daughter of my father, I am the sole heiress of my family's entire property. If you marry me, it's a win-win situation for both. I fell for you, the moment I saw you at one of the business parties.  After marrying you, I will transfer everything that once belonged to me in your name. In return, I just want a place in your heart. So you don't have anything to lose. I know, the cold exterior that you are portraying to everyone is just a facade. So let me know the real you."

She said so casually as if she was talking about some business deal with so much of attitude in her tone, much to his dislike. So he gave her a mirthless laugh while looking at her coldly.

"Don't..don't try to look behind my facade. You will only hurt yourself. Firstly, stop behaving like you know everything about me but you only knew the things which I allowed the world to see. Secondly, don't talk to me in that tone. I hate people talking to me with attitude. Lastly, no one could mark their presence here as it is already owned by someone." he affirmed in a dangerous tone while pointing at his heart, making her shudder a little.

When he was done, he stood up to leave without waiting for her response. Then he spun around and said while giving her a side glance,

" If you are confident that you can discern between personal and professional lives while working with my company, then only I will go ahead with this deal. Otherwise, it's better to call it off. Tell your answer to my secretary by this evening. Goodbye." After saying this, he left the private cabin.

°°°°°°°°

She is an extrovert
He is an introvert.

she is full of words.
He is a man of few words.

She is childish yet matured.
He is cold yet warm-hearted.

She is a beauty with the touch of wittiness.
He is a handsome man with a trait of ingeniousness.

She is unloved yet felt loved.
He is loved yet felt unwanted.

She doesn't want to be someone's first love but wants to be his last love.
He wants his first love to be his last love.

She hides her pain behind her smile.
He hides his broken self behind his cold facade.

she is Aarna.
He is Dhruv.

They both are different persons with different personalities. Both are bonded together in an arranged marriage. She wants to lose her heart to him whereas he already lost his heart to someone. She is living with hope and he is living in the memories of his love.

Can she become a light in his darkness..??

Can he forget his first love and
accept her to be his last love..??

..........

Hola guys,

I just updated this chapter to let you all have a glimpse of the main characters. I don't know what to name this chapter, So I just named it as a prologue.

Hope you guys have enjoyed it.

Thanks for reading.

Please do vote and comment.