chapter 25

Unedited

Unedited.

Dhruv's POV:

.
.
.

[You pig, you big donkey

-Rakshasi(devil)]

I read her message while the corners of my lips pulled into a smile. Still, I didn't reply to her with anything. It's not that I am avoiding her but I need some time to come with the terms of my life.

I never expected that I would get married someday but somehow now I am married. Even then also, I never planned to involve my heart in this relationship.

When I agreed to this marriage, I promised myself to be a friend and a companion to her and not more than that because I can't risk, getting hurt again.

So I tried my best to not develop any feelings towards Aarna yet I think she managed to crawl into the deepest part of my heart. How much I tried to harden my heart, she always has a way to soften it.

I am completely helpless and clueless about these newfound feelings. Even when I was in a relationship with Ankitha, I never experienced these kinds of emotions.

Now I don't even know whether I really loved Ankitha or was in love with the concept of being together with her. All these complicated things are creating a maze in my heart.

When Ankitha broke up with me, I was really heartbroken but the thing was, did I feel heartbroken because I couldn't live without her, or was I feeling bad because I invested my sincere feelings in a relationship which didn't have any life?

Frankly speaking, I never think of that situation from this perspective. But Aarna's presence made me rethink all these things. She made me feel those things that I never thought that I was capable of experiencing.

With Ankitha, we had some mutual understanding. We both respected each other, care for each other, supported each other, nothing more than that.

But when it comes to Aarna, it was completely different. I always like to tease her, irritate her, and annoy her to the hell as much as I have an urge to protect her, care for her. Moreover, I want to dive into the mysteries she is hiding underneath that smile.

For me, she is an enigma that I am inclined to unearth.

I never felt those feelings with Ankitha. It means I am not in love with Ankitha anymore or I was never in love with her in the first place...right.

God. I am so relieved to know this. As if some kind of weight was lifted off my shoulders, I felt so lightened at this newfound information.

"It means, I can like you without carrying any impediments of my past..right?" I thought with a bright smile while opening the candid pic of Aarna that I had clicked in that theme Park, and I was instantly reminded of the little kiss we had shared there.