chapter 38

Unedited

Unedited.

Target:245 votes

Aarna's pov:

After taking an afternoon nap, I went to the balcony to enjoy an evening breeze as the weather outside was so pleasant. It seems like it's gonna rain anytime soon.

Closing my eyes, I let myself enjoy the moment but opened them immediately when I heard his voice, coming from the room. So lifting myself from the sitting position, I marched inside and saw him talking over a call with a grumpy face.

"Arjun, you can go with your wife. Why do you have to drag me along with you?" He asked him with an irritating frown.
.
.
"What! Then let her ask the girls to accompany her. I don't have time to go for those silly movies."
.
.

"No, Arjun. Listen to me. It's so unfair." He whined as I stood behind him, listening to his whole conversation with my hands crossed over my front.

Seeing that, he wasn't going to give up, I poked him with my finger and when he turned back to look at me, I snatched the mobile from his hand and replied to Arjun Bava.

"Bava, count us in. Text him the address." Saying this, I ended the call and looked at him. He was glaring at me for my actions but I continued to ignore him and grabbed a nice dress to get ready for our movie date.

"Hey! Stop there! When did I even agree to come with you? If you want, go with them. Just don't force me to come with you." He said and about to go outside but I ran in front of him to block his way.

"Don't be a spoilsport. We all rarely got a chance to gather together and spend time, these days. So don't say 'No'. Now go and get ready like a good boy." He pondered over my words for a while and reluctantly nodded at me. I smiled at his response and went to get ready.

By the time, I came outside, I saw him sitting on the bed, completely dressed up. When he saw me, he told me to make it fast and went downstairs. After he left, I tied my hair into a ponytail and headed down after grabbing my bag.

Soon we both got settled in the car and started heading to the address, Arjun Bava had texted earlier.

"Dhruv! Is something bothering you?" I asked him when I saw him frowning continuously.

Listening to my words, his head snapped in my direction and shifted his attention back to the road by smiling at me lightly.

"Just a business-related issue. Don't worry." He assured me but I still couldn't shake off that feeling.

"Are you sure? We can still go back though. I will call Daksha Akka and give her some excuse for our absence." I told him but he shook his head.

"No need, Aaru. I can manage. It's really nothing serious."

"Okay. Then you have to forget about the company matters till we go home. What say!"

"Haa. Whatever my wife says, goes." He said with a teasing smile as I turned my face away from him with a bashful smile.