chapter 2

Aarna's POV:-

Aarna's POV:-

The moment I befriended this little guy, he kept on following me like a lost puppy. Everyone was busy with the pooja. Feeling very bored, we both sat at the little far most place, away from everyone.

Advith was playing with the end of my choli, whereas I was looking at my surroundings.

"Akka. You know, I heard that temple people are distributing the chakkara Pongal(Sweet Pongal) as prasadam(sacred food)," He told me with a gleeful expression.

"Then why are you telling me about it now only? Come! Come! Hurry up. Let's go and have it," I ushered him by taking hold of his hand to go to that place.

Chakkara Pongal is my favorite dish and I could go to any extent just to have a bite of it.

We both soon went there and stood in the lane.

When it was our turn, they gave us the prasadam in a small patravali bowl ( a bowl made with Sal leaves) and it was too little that it couldn't satisfy my tummy at all. Still, we had it. Damn..too delicious.

After that, we both looked at each other with a smile and stood in the lane again to get another bowl. Again they gave us.

When we stood in the lane again, the person who was distributing the prasadam looked at us skeptically.

To save our faces, we both didn't dare to go there again but our appetite wasn't satisfied. So we both went to our earlier place and started waiting for someone to appear.

I really wanted to ask my dad to get me a big bowl of that prasadam but he was too busy in the pooja. So having no other option, we just sat there to catch a glimpse of a known face to help us.

"God! why is no one coming out.?" I whined.

"Akka, look there. That aunty might help us," He showed me a stout middle-aged Aunt who was eating the copra after breaking a coconut. I immediately shook my head at him.

"Nah. Even if she can do it, she won't leave anything for us to have," I told him.

"That uncle!"

"No. He is not looking like a person that will help us."

"That man!"

"Won't do."

I told him but suddenly a man who was coming in our direction with a suit jacket in his hand had caught my attention.

"Hey, laddu. Look at that handsome dude. He is looking like a decent guy. I think he might help us," I told him excitedly as he looked at that man for some time and nodded at me eagerly.

"Yeah. He will help us," Saying this, he showed me a thumbs up.

"Then what are you waiting for? Go and call him. He is coming in our direction only," I told him in a probing manner to which he shook his negatively.