chapter 29

Unedited

Unedited.

[Actually, this chapter is scheduled to be published this coming Tuesday but I updated it today as it is the last day of this year. So, sorry that there won't be any update this Tuesday as I will be damn busy with my exams and the next update will be again on 12th Jan 2021 i.e., on Tuesday.]

♠♠♣♣♠♠

Dhruv's POV:

"Tell me what happened?" I asked the meek woman who was crying her guts out in my arms softly, though I knew the reason.

"As if you don't know. You all are big bullies. You all only know how to hurt me. Sometimes I just want to disappear from all your lives. I am fed up with everything." She said, making my guts wrench in pain.

"What the hell are you saying? How can you talk like that?" I asked her angrily

"Yes. You are not the one who is living my life. I am tired of living like this. Sometimes I feel like I am a burden on everyone and I am the reason for everyone's miseries. If it wasn't for me, swaru wouldn't have been suffering like that. If it wasn't for me, my mom must be a cheerful lady. If it wasn't for me, my dad didn't need to have a constant battle in his heart about whom to choose in between his wife and his daughter. If it was not for me, you don't need to live like this, you don't have to be answerable to anyone. You can do anything without being restricted by our relationship. You can help your Ex in getting her life back. See. I am just a hurdle in everyone's way. Trust me, I never intended to be one but it must be my fate but don't worry I am a strong person. I learned to live with that fact long ago and I am not saying all these to gain pity or sympathy because that's the last that I want from someone." She said all these things in a daze as I looked at her. Thinning my lips, I didn't utter a word except for tightening my hold on her and let her speak her mind.

"And Dhruv, at any time if you feel like I am not the one for you, just tell me. I will walk away from your life silently. I won't cling on to you. I will never burden you with anything. Okay? Just tell me." She said while looking into my eyes. Looking into her brown orbs which were filled with unshed tears, I got a glimpse of her broken self and I got to see how much pain she was carrying in those beautiful pair of eyes and smile.

What are you hiding from this world, Aaru?

I gulped down a lump that formed in my throat and answered her firmly. "No. You are never a burden to me, Aaru. The moment I tied this knot around your neck, we both are bound together. You became my responsibility. I will never leave you, Aaru."

She just gave me a self-deprecating smile before looking into my eyes. "Am I just a responsibility? Can I ever be a little more than that so-called responsibility? Can I even get a little space in your heart? Just answer me yes or no. So that I won't keep anymore hopes and will learn to feel content being this way."