chapter 45

Unedited

Unedited.

Aarna's POV:

The next day, I woke up, and after getting ready, I went downstairs, and as usually, I was about to head out but Athayya stopped me by calling my name.

"Aarna, come back and have your breakfast." She sounded so stern and when I tried to make a protest, she glared at me and gestured me with her hand to take my usual place which was exactly beside him.

Unable to know what to do, I stood rooted to the spot and glanced at him hesitantly while fiddling with the hem of my dress.

"Athayya, can I please skip the breakfast? I am not hung-"

"I am leaving. I have an early meeting to attend." Saying this to no one in particular, he left the breakfast in the middle and went to wash his hand.

After doing so, he went out of the house after collecting his coat and some files while I stood there with my head down when he brushed past me.

After he left, I made my way to the dining room and after taking a glance at his untouched food, I slowly served myself some food. As I was nibbling on to it slowly, I half lifted my eyes to look at everyone.

Everyone was having their food but the usual smiles on their faces were nowhere to be seen. From the time I stepped into this house, it was the first time where I had witnessed the absence of cheerful laughs and chatter while having food.

I missed gramps' whinings and grandma's chidings. I missed his annoying self who would never leave a chance to pull my leg even at the dining table. I missed the content smile on mamayya's smile after witnessing all these. I missed Athayya's lecture and Aadhya's cheerful banter.

"Am I the reason for all of these?"

At this thought, the food in my mouth suddenly tasted so bitter and it became so painful to even swallow it. So unable to bear this silence, I hurriedly shoved all the food on the plate into my mouth before gulping it with the help of water.

"I am leaving," I announced and left from there hurriedly. So that no one would notice the tears that were about to escape from my eyes.

Once I was out, I immediately started heading to the hospital after getting on my bike while telling myself to not break down in the middle of the road.

After reaching there, I rushed to my cabin hurriedly and composing myself after a while, I started my day and prepared myself to face the concerned-filled questions and confrontations of Daksha Akka and Yuktha Akka.

This had been the routine of us for more than ten days. I would go home only to witness the stillness. Everyone tried to talk to me and behave normally but it was better to say that I was avoiding everyone.