chapter 12

Aarna's POV:

Aarna's POV:

'That Rascal...how dare he to make fun of me.!!!'

Even after he left, I was still grumbling under my breath about his damn audacity but my cursing session got interrupted by the sudden opening of the door.

I was startled and thinking it was Dhruv, I was about to honor him with some colorful profanities but swallowed them after seeing that it was my mother-in-law.

After closing the door, She turned towards me with a curious expression but widened her eyes at me in surprise and started laughing heartily.

Seeing her behavior, I just sat on the bed sulkily while pouting my lips sadly at her.

"Athayya, You are also laughing at me. Till now, your son made fun of me and now you too joined him. It's not fair." I whined.

Still laughing, she came to me and sat beside me.

"My son is right. I was greeted with the sight of the dumpling, that too an adorable dumpling." Saying this, she pinched my cheek and I just looked at her in confusion.

"What dumpling!! Did your son call me with that name.? Dhruv, You idiot, just wait for your time. I will see how you are going to escape from my hands." I told her, most likely I said to myself.

I immediately received a smack on my head from her and I clicked my tongue as I forgot the fact that she was that Jerk's mother.

"Well. I am sorry to talk like that about your son in front of you." I said while smiling cheekily at her.

"You mean to say that it is okay to scold my son behind my back." She asked while glaring at me.

I just groaned inwardly at my nonsensical behavior. Why can't I just keep my tongue under control?

"I am sorry Attayya. I will neither scold him in front of you nor behind your back. I swear. So don't be angry at me anymore." I told her while pinching my throat.

"I see. Then you will scold him directly when I am not present." She asked sternly and I wanted to cry now but no tears.

So I just bent down my head to look pitiful in front of her. Suddenly I heard her laughing, making my head snap at her in surprise.

"Well..don't give me that pitiful look. I got to know all your dramas from your friends. So they won't work on me. The thing why I am angry at you is, not because you scolded my son but because you didn't include me in your plans. Till now, I am the only one to bully him and I am getting old. So I want a partner-in-crime. So let's join the hands. What say!!" She said coolly and I just looked at her with my mouth agape.

"Don't be so surprised. You don't know what he made me go through. I spent a lot of sleepless nights thinking about his future and his well being. I even went to so many extents just to make him agree with this marriage. So I want him to face my wrath. Let's say revenge.. sweet revenge. Let's bully him whenever we get a chance." She asked me while looking at me eagerly and I just couldn't believe my ears.