Epilogue

Unedited

Unedited.

Aarna's POV:

I sat in front of Yuktha Akka's consultancy room nervously biting onto my nails while tapping my feet impatiently on the floor.

"How is it?"

I immediately stood up from the chair and approached Yuktha Akka and Rishu before asking them anxiously, once they were out of her cabin.

The moment I noticed the crestfallen faces of them, I closed my eyes to hide my disappointment and gulped the painful lump that was formed in my throat.

"I am sorry." Yuktha akka mumbled as I found it so hard to keep my pretense but still, managed to pass her a small smile and shook my head at her words.

"No, I am feeling so sorry for Dhruv. Handling you itself is a herculean task. So I am just worrying about how will he handle another version of yours!" She sighed dramatically while passing me a bright smile.

It took me a moment to understand what she meant by her words.

"You mean to say.."

I asked her for confirmation and when she nodded at me, I gasped and covered my mouth before breaking out into soft sobs.

"You are not kidding..right?" I mumbled out in a low tone while wiping my tears. This time it was Rishu who responded to my question.

"Silly! She is not lying. You are indeed pregnant." Saying this, she engulfed me in a hug as I hugged her back tightly while smiling through my tears.

"Congratulations, idiot." She mumbled softly and I was still smiling like a silly, still couldn't believe the fact that I was pregnant.

Yuktha Akka caressed my head lovingly and when I came out of Rishu's embrace, she wiped my tears and smiled at me.

"My sister-in-law is now going to be a mother. So now it's called for a celebration." She announced in a cheery tone as I chuckled at her way of addressing me.

Ever since she got married to Indra Anna, it became our habit to pull each other's legs by using the word sister-in-law.

"When are you planning to announce it to everyone?" Rishu asked me as I thought for a while and answered her.

"Once Dhruv is back from his business trip, we will announce it together to everyone. For now, I have to think of a way to how to convey this news to him."

This was the exact moment where I missed his presence beside me. I really wanted to hear this news along with him and wanted to witness his reaction once he heard that he was going to be a dad soon.

But I was the one to be blamed though because I never mentioned my qualms to him and he didn't even know about my visit to the hospital as I hid it from him because I didn't want to put him through the same ordeal every time, only to get disappointed by the result.