chapter 44

Unedited

Unedited.

Dhruv's POV:

She just sat there with a blank face while clenching her fists as I didn't know what she was going to do by asking me to take her to Ankitha's house. As I stopped the car in front of her house, she got down and waited patiently for me to park it.

Once I was done, she motioned me to move ahead as she followed me. I hesitantly lifted my hand to knock on the door and soon Ankitha's mother came into our sight as she was the one to open the door.

"Is Ankitha Akka at home?" Before giving me a chance to speak, Aarna asked her as Aunty was looking at me in confusion.

"Sorry for the intrusion, Aunty. We have to meet her and it's kinda important." Saying this, she went inside while looking around for her.

Once she spotted her sitting in the living room with a notebook in her hand, she marched towards her and took out a small package from her bag before throwing it on the table that was in front of Ankitha.

Frowning, I walked up to her as Aarna gave me a brief glance and shifted her attention to the Aunty who stood there as completely clueless as me.

"Aunty, can you please excuse us for a moment? We need to talk to her alone. Don't worry. She would be completely safe." She said and assured her when she noticed the worried glance she threw at her daughter.

When Ankitha nodded at her in an assuring manner, she left from there as Ankitha stretched her hand for that package and after noticing what was inside, she looked at Aaru with a panic visible in her eyes.

"Aaru, it's not like what you are thinking. It's in the past." Saying this, she hurriedly stood up and placed the contents on the table, giving me a glimpse of our photos together which we took in the past.

When she tried to grab her hand, Aaru dodged it and showed her hand to her.

"Akka.. Sorry, Ms. Ankitha, I am not doubting my husband nor accusing you of spoiling my marriage but what I want to as is, why didn't anyone of you reveal this thing to me till now?"

"If it was not for me to see them accidentally and found about your relationship, when do you guys plan to tell me about this? Well, do you guys even think of telling me about this in the first place or wanted to fool me by hiding this thing all my life?"

"Aaru, listen to me. I never intended to hide it from yo-" but she interrupted me and said.

"I am not going to listen to anything you would say. I want to know her reasons for hiding this matter from me. Tell me. I truly considered you as my sister and even started calling you 'Akka' but did you ever even consider me as one for at least once before hiding this from me?"

"I never expected for him to tell me in the first place because he could never trust me in his life but what about you? Do you also consider me as an unreasonable person who couldn't even differentiate between right and wrong? Is that why you hid this matter from me?" She asked her while rubbing her tears forcefully.