chapter 27

Long chapter ahead

Long chapter ahead.

Aarna's POV:

I reached home in a cab and dragged that groceries bag inside with much difficulty. Well.. Don't think of me as some spoiled princess because I am not but this bag weighed so much, making it difficult for me to even lift it.

When I entered the living room, Athayya immediately greeted my sight and seeing me carrying the groceries, she rushed to my side and looked behind me for Dhruv.

At this moment, all I wanted to do was, pour out all my grievances and her son's great deed in front of her. So that she would give him a good beating once he came back but I knew I couldn't do it until I was clear of the whole incident.

"Why are you carrying it? Where is Dhruv? Why is he not with you?" She inquired.

I immediately racked my brain for a suitable excuse and when I got one, I answered her immediately.

"Ravi called him once we were out of the mart and informed Dhruv that there was an important work which needed his attention. Though he wanted to drop me, I insisted on going alone. So he booked a cab for me and went to attend to the matters." I told her carefully, trying my best to sound truthful.

She looked at me with a slight smirk and gestured me to look at the teapoy. Following her gaze, I saw his phone lying on it so proudly. I closed my eyes and chided myself for not being careful.

"You know what, I nearly fell for your lie. If it wasn't for his phone lying in front of my eyes, I would have never known that you were covering up for him. Tell me where is he?" She demanded sternly and I became tongue-tied.

How could I tell her that her son left me all alone? How could I tell her I was not an important person as he was to me? How could I tell her that I was such an existence in his life that could be easily forgotten?

Unknowingly tears welled up in my eyes, though I knew it might be an important issue, how could I not get hurt when he neglected my entire existence just like that?

Suddenly I was engulfed in the warm embrace and a hand shot forward to pat my back in a consoling manner. Not being able to hold back anymore, I broke down on her shoulder and started sobbing silently.

"Silly girl, tell me. What happened? Did he say anything? Did he bully you? If he did anything to hurt you, you can tell me. I will skin him alive once he is home."

I continuously shook my head for her every question. Though I was glad that she was so supportive of me, I never wanted to involve anyone in our issues. I might be just being a little oversensitive.

"Nothing Athayya. Don't worry too much. No. He didn't do anything. Though I lied to you, half of it was true. He really went to attend an important matter." I answered her after calming myself down.