chapter 32

Unedited

Unedited.

Dhruv's POV:

I completed my work as early as possible and started heading to the hotel that guy had texted me yesterday. On the way, I called Indra to know about his whereabouts and he informed me that he was already waiting for me outside that hotel.

Once I stopped the car in front of the hotel, he quickly got in and sat there in a relaxing manner. He was not in his uniform, instead, he dressed up in his formals like a gentleman. I smiled, sensing the situation after seeing an irritated frown on his face.

"Why are you smiling like an idiot?" He asked me as I shook my head, still smiling.

"Stop irritating me. I am already in a bad mood."

"Ohh. May I know the reason then?"

"As if you don't know." He scoffed at me.

Of course, I knew it and it didn't take a genius to guess that he went on a blind date because Aunty was trying very hard to play a  matchmaker between him and every girl that she was acquainted with.

"Still hasn't found your soul mate?" I asked him in a joking manner.

"Soul mate? Bro! I don't believe in those things. For me, my work and family matters the most. I don't want any unnecessary distractions in my life. I don't know how to make my dramatic mom understand my views and priorities."

"That's not how life works. Before the marriage, I was on the same ship as you and thought that I was incapable of loving someone but time proved me wrong and showed me the beautiful side of my life. So behave like a normal human being."

"Whatever!!" He brushed me off.

"You already rejected 21 proposals-"

"22 including this one."

"You are unbelievable." I shook my head at his stunts.

"Let it be bro. Let's go and take care of the dude first." He said before opening the door to get out of the car as I followed him before parking it.

[Darling, where are you?
Are you coming or not?"]

I scoffed before typing a reply to him.

[Coming. Just outside the hotel.
Tell me the directions to reach you.]

He immediately replied to me, saying that he was on the terrace of this hotel as he booked that whole floor.

We both entered the elevator and reached that floor. Once I saw the decorations on that floor, I balled my fists and narrowed my eyes, searching for the silhouette of that jerk.