chapter 50

Unedited

Unedited.

Dhruv's POV:

"Woah. Slow down. Let's get in first." Darshith exclaimed with a smirk, seeing my impatient behavior.

"Where is she?"

Ignoring his snarky remarks, I asked the moment I entered Adi's house as I was getting impatient to see her and feel her presence. I didn't even know how I had spent my days away from her but it gave me clear enlightenment that I can't live without her. Even if she wasn't willing to stay with me, I would just convince her and do anything to make her stay with me.

Hearing my abrupt question, Indra's head snapped in our direction, after seeing Darshith along with me, he rushed to his side after calling Arjun, who was tending his wife.

"Darshu! How are you, boy?" He hugged him and being ignored, I sulked in the corner.

Exchanging some pleasantries with him, Indra finally decided to shift his attention to me. After his initial glaring, he pointed his finger to the garden area. Nodding at him lightly, I rushed in that direction, ignoring Arjun's greetings on my way.

I was about to step in but stopped doing so when I heard her soothing voice. Instead of approaching her, I stood there itself and leaned back on the wall to hear her words which further lifted the burden off my heart. Her every word showed me how much she had missed me and how she never wanted to leave me.

A bright smile flitted on my face but soon it morphed into a frown when my eyes accidentally caught the reflection of my ragged appearance in the glass door. Running a hand through my beard, I sighed in disappointment before turning back to glance at her but immediately shuffled back to hide when I saw Ankitha looking in my direction.

With a sigh, I peeked a little and gestured her to keep quiet by placing a finger on my mouth and she nodded at me slightly with a teasing smile. When Aarna turned around to look where Ankitha was looking at, I immediately fled from there and ran outside, while ignoring everyone.

"Hey. They are mine!" Darshith shouted behind my back when I snatched the car keys from his hand on my way as he was playing with them with his fingers while talking to Indra and Arjun.

"Once I reach my home, I will ask the driver to drive it back," I answered him without looking back and paddled towards the car.

Getting in, I hit the road and reached home as soon as possible. After instructing the driver to take the car back to Adi's house, I entered inside and looked around to see if there was anyone at home and when I found no one, I smiled and ascended the stairs. After passing into my room, I groomed myself and had a quick bath.

Coming out of my shower, I quickly wore my nightwear and thought to go downstairs to eat something as my stomach had started protesting for a while now.