~15~

Finally, January 2nd arrived and they were returning to Hogwarts. "Oh my children.. How I'll miss you." Euphemia cried hugging the 3. For once, Harper felt like she had a real mother. Tears formed in her eyes as she said goodbye to them. She hugged Fleamont and that's when the tears fell. He whispered to her before she left, "You're my favorite, Harper." She giggled as Sirius took her trunk.

"Come on, we'll miss the train!" James yelled running to go get their compartment. Waving goodbye on more time, Harper climbed onto the train and found the compartment where James, Lily, Remus, Peter, and Marlene sat. Sirius threw their trunks onto the shelves about and collapsed on the chair. "As much as I love the Potter's home, I miss Hogwarts so bad."

Everyone agreed and started talking about their break. Though they'd been together for a huge portion, they had to fill Marlene in on everything. "Wait, so Lily and James shagged before they were even together? Wow Lily, and I thought you were a stuck-up prude!" Marlene smirked at her. Lily scowled at her and laid her head on Harper's lap. "So, you two. How was your first fuck?" James asked smirking.

Harper blushed and looked at Sirius for help. "You actually shagged? I was joking!" He asked dumbfounded. Lily sat straight up and her jaw dropped. "You didn't tell us?!" She screamed at Harper as Marlene chimed in. "We're your best friends, you git!" Harper rolled her eyes as Sirius's signature smirk remained on his face. Peter shifted in his seat, clearly uncomfortable with the topic of shagging. "You alright Pete?" Remus asked judging him. He blushed and nodded.

The compartment door slid open and there was Regulus. Except he didn't look like himself. "Reg? Oh my Merlin, come here what happened?" Harper said dragging him inside. Everyone went silent, clearly not knowing what to say to him. The boy had a large gash across his cheek and looked in a panicked state. "M-Mother wanted me to become one of them.. I said no and s-she used the.." He trailed off.

Sirius stood up with a mean look in his face. "I'll fucking kill her." He grumbled before punching the wall. James stood up and brought him next to him - attempting to relax him. "Reg.. What happened next?" Harper asked him in a delicate voice, scared he'd break. "Father made me.." He cried lifting his sleeve. There laid the dark mark which caused everyone to gasp.

Sirius's heart broke at the sight of it. He walked over and hugged his brother. "I'm sorry Sirius.. For everything. I'm stuck now.. Take care of Harper ok? I don't need either of you getting hurt so steer clear of the Slytherins. They're not messing around." He said wiping his eyes and straightening himself up. "James.. Protect my brother ok?" He said before leaving.

Sirius collapsed to the ground as it felt like his heart was ripped out and stomped on. Harper and James sat down next to him and just hugged him. Remus and Lily discussed ways to save him while Marlene went to go shag Dorcas to forget about what she saw. Peter sat in silence looking down at his lap. "It's gonna be ok, Padfoot." James whispered basically petting the boy. Sirius cried into his chest as Harper sat there feeling helpless.

The rest of the train ride was filled with uncomfortable silence and tears. Getting off the train was worse as they saw Regulus with Rodolphus Lestrange, Lucius Malfoy, and some slytherin girl none of them knew. Harper helped Sirius into the castle as he barely could comprehend what was going on. "Why don't we skip dinner?" She asked him while rubbing his back. He nodded as tears fell down his face again.

James took his stuff up to their dorm while Harper led him to the Hufflepuff common room. "Come on,
we can relax in my room. It's peaceful in there." She cooed. The walk was painfully slow and heartbreaking as the boy who was always so cheerful was now disheveled. Harper said the password and dragged him to her bedroom. Nobody was in there since dinner had already started.