~22~

Please read: I'm not sure what Hannah Abbot's mother's name was, so I made it into Christine in the story!

As Harper sat in Potions with the Slytherins, it felt different. The Hufflepuffs who were always cheery and friendly were now reserved and kept their heads down. The Slytherins had evil smiles on their faces due to the fact, another family had been killed. This time, it had been The Abbot family. Christine had been called out during Care of Magical Creatures by Professor Sprout, the hufflepuff head of house.

Regulus nudged her but Harper was too dazed out to feel it. "Don't be mad at me.." He begged her as they worked on the potion. She didn't know how to feel as she knew he had been involved. "Regulus.. You need a way out. I cant be friends with you any longer if this is the path you choose." His heart broke as his only ever friend was making him chose over her and his family legacy.

"Let's just get the antidote done, yeah?" She said putting the phoenix tears in. He nodded and helped her out still on edge. "I'm choosing them, Rossi. I learned that it's family over anything." Harper felt as though she had been hit over the head and stomped on at his words. Raising her hand she faked being sick and left the classroom. Tears fell down her face as she curled up on the floor. Footsteps and giggles were heard until they stopped in front of her.

"Harp..?" Lily said crouching down. Harper looked up and pulled her into a bone crushing hug. Marlene sat on the other side of her, leaning her head onto her shoulder. "R-R-Reg was apart of it! H-he k-killed the Abbot's along w-with.." Lily looked at Marlene, knowing that Sirius would be enraged when he found out that Regulus finally turned into one of them. "I-I-I lost him.." She cried harder. "Come on, class is gonna end. You don't want everyone seeing you here." Marlene said pulling her up.

The two girls dragged their friend into the common room and sat her on the couch. "Harper.. You remember what you told me yesterday? You said that we'll have a girls night and unwind right? We'll take your mind off it." Harper knew that her mind wouldn't drift for them thoughts but she nodded anyway. "Come on, we're already late for Astronomy. The boys will think somethings wrong." Lily said standing up and grabbing her's and Harper's books. Marlene groaned and got up too.

The walk over to the Astronomy tower was peaceful due to the fact nobody was shoving them to get to their own classes. The girls laughed and tried to forget about the fact Regulus had truly become a death eater. As they walked into the classroom, all eyes landed on them. "Late. Five points from Hufflepuff and Ten from Gryffindor. Sit in your seats." Their teacher, Professor Sinistra, barked at them. Harper sat next to Sirius who kissed her cheek. "What's up her ass?" She heard Marlene say.

"She found two students shagging on her desk. Unbelievable!" Remus faked disgust. All of his friends broke out in laughter earning a glare from their teacher. "It was Malfoy and Narcissa" James whispered making them all stifle a laugh. "That's why he wasn't in potions!" Harper went wide-eyed.
"You will be choosing any star in the sky and write me an essay on it. Easy enough. Get working." The teacher instructed them as she walked to her desk and began writing.

"Yeah sure. Now the question we all want to know, where were you three? Shagging in a broom closet? Next time let us watch." Sirius smiled and leaned back in his chair. Harper went quiet and turned to the essay she was supposed to be working on for the class. Marlene shook her head the boys earning concerned looks. "What star are you choosing?" she asked Sirius earning a grin. "Sirius, of course. You should too so I can copy." He smiled at her. Across the room, she noticed Mary Macdonald scowling at Lily and James.