~50~

The boys waited by the tree they all usually sat under, alongside Regulus, for the girls. "Finally, they're coming." Peter groaned as he looked at the food with his mouth watering. "Merlin's beard.." Sirius said under his breath as he watched Harper walk towards them in a revealing yet classy outfit. "Keep it in your pants. Remember we're here." Regulus laughed before getting up to greet the girls who squealed at the sight. Harper's mouth dropped as she was surrounded by all her friends in an under the stars picnic. Candles flickered, being the only light source besides the stars, and plates sat across the table for 9. Harper took her seat next to Sirius who was still looking awestruck at her. "Sorry, SOMEONE decided to take a year to get ready." Narcissa smiled as she sat down next to Regulus. "No worries, dig in before Peter bloody goes insane." Remus laughed as the boy grabbed everything his hand could hold.

Harper felt Sirius place his hand on her thigh before he took a piece of bread. She giggled before following suit and filling her plate with her favorite foods. "So, there are rules!" Lily smiled as she stood up causing a series of annoyed grunts and groans to come from her friends. "Shut up. Rule one, no talking of the tournament or of that summer quest Harper and Regulus are going on. Rule two, is.. Never mind there's only one rule." Sitting back down, she turned to Marlene who was arguing with James over quidditch. Remus, Narcissa, and Peter engaged in a conversation on who knows what while Sirius and Regulus talked awkwardly. Harper was too invested in her food to notice that Regulus had been trying to talk to her. "Rossi. Rossi. HARPER DUMBLEDORE ROSSI!" Finally, Harper's head shot up and noticed everyone was staring at her. "Sorry, this food is just really delicious." Laughing at her, everyone turned back to their conversations.

Sirius squeezed her thigh and gave her 'Are-You-Ok?' look which she replied with a nod. The night was filled with laughing, conversation, and stories. "So- So then.. The whole Slytherin team was flying around in bright pink robes!" Peter squealed out making everyone laugh besides Regulus who was apart of the team. "Not an extravagant prank but it has to be one of the best!" Remus said in between laughs making everyone laugh harder now including Regulus. "Do you remember the time that you got caught giving head to Amos in the library?" Marlene laughed making the two Slytherins who hadn't heard the story, turn to Harper with wide eyes. Harper slapped her forehead and mumbled, "Ugh, don't remind me. Pince still stares at me like I killed both of her kids." More laughing happened until the whole table went silent. Lily, Remus, and Marlene all grabbed something that Harper couldn't see, which she soon found to be a cake.

Everyone began to sing along as the 3 carried the cake over to Harper, "Happy birthday to youuuu! Happy birthday to youuu! Happy birthday dear Harper, happy birthday too you!" Sirius wrapped his arms around the girls neck as he kissed the side of her cheek making James fake throw up. Harper blew out her candles with one wish in mind: she hoped that the summer quest between her and Regulus would go perfect and they'd be ok. Regulus whispered, "What'd you wish for?" Not saying her wish, Harper realized that Peter turned a bright shade of red. "I've got to go." Standing up, he ran off towards the castle, everyone watched the boy go. "Don't say it." Narcissa growled as she didn't want the topic to arise as it did last time. "Cut the cake!" Lily smiled, trying to change the tense subject, which worked. The cake turned out to be red velvet which was Harper's absolute favorite. "Thank you all.. For this amazing meal and cake."

Marlene rolled her eyes at the formalities and took some icing off the cake so she could put it all over Harper's face. Squealing, Harper stood up and chased the girl around, who was a lot faster then she was. Sirius laughed as he watched the two but felt a bit of sadness pool in his chest as he knew that by the end of the dinner, Harper's mind would go straight back to the second task. "You alright?" James whispered to the boy. "You look like you're either gonna cry or break the table." Remus chuckled before letting a grin out to him. Sirius nodded and said "Yeah. Just tired." Remus seemed satisfied with the answer as he turned to see Harper tackle Marlene but James knew the boy better. He was like his brother for Merlin's sake so he pressed on. "Padfoot. What's wrong?" Sirius felt uncomfortable as he moved around in his seat under the firm gaze of his best friend. "Prongs, I said I'm fine. I promise, okay?"

James seemed a bit taken back by the blatant lie but decided to give the boy what he wanted. The rest of the night was amazing as they star gazed and Harper told them about her top 10 favorite Stars and Constellations. "Ok, well let's get back inside seeing as we still have class tomorrow and it's 2 a.m." Lily yawned before pulling herself off the ground and helping James up. "Thank you guys for a wonderful birthday." Harper smiled as she hugged each and everyone of her friends. "No problem. See you guys later." Narcissa yelled as she dragged Regulus with her back up to the castle. Sirius carried Harper on his back to the castle and to his bedroom where she'd be staying. Harper looked around and noticed she wasn't in the hufflepuff girls dorm, "This isn't my room..?" Remus let out a chuckle before pulling his shirt on and falling into his bed, fast asleep. Peter had been asleep before they'd all arrived back and James was asleep with Lily in his arms aswell. "I know. You're with me tonight darling."

He helped the exhausted girl out of her outfit and into a pair of his sweatpants and band tee-shirts. "Thank you" She whispered before climbing into bed and waiting for the boy to follow. He got changed quickly and jumped into the bed with her, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her close into him. "If we weren't so tired, I'd fuck you right now. You looked so beautiful tonight." Harper giggled before laying her head on his chest and falling asleep. He listened to her breathing slow down as she fell asleep making him smile. "I love you, Harper May." He whispered and kissed her forehead before letting himself fall asleep as well.

The next morning, everyone was extremely exhausted as they trudged down to breakfast. Hearts and streamers were everywhere as it was Valentine's Day but the group didn't care as they sat down and began to eat. "You all look miserable! Rough night, eh?" Turning around, The Prewett Twins stood with huge smiles of triumph on their faces. Only earning a grunt from Remus in response, the two walked away with even bigger smiles causing a bit of alarm in Harper. "They're up to something." Just as she said it, the doors burst open and in flew a bunch of cupid's that shot fake arrows at people. Harper ducked under the table as her friends followed what she did, laughing at the screams that were heard. "Happy Valentine's Day, Rossi." Sirius smiled as he pulled her into a kiss. Passing something into her hand, he pulled himself out from under the table and continued eating, seeing as the cupid's had gone due to Mcgonagall.

"You four with me!" She grumbled to the boys who began to object. "It wasn't us! You know we always admit too it." James pleaded with the older witch who looked confused as to why the boys weren't taking responsibility. "It was us!" Fabian ran over as he dragged his twin who was still laughing with him. Mcgonagall turned and began to lecture them before dragging the two to her office. "HEY! NICE PRANK!" James yelled earning a thumbs up from both brothers. Harper looked in her hand and saw a small charm that had the letters 'I love you Harper May' engraved into it. She noticed that it was another charm for her bracelet that she'd been given last year causing her to beam at the boy. "Thank you love. Here." She kissed him and handed him a gift which he quickly unwrapped to see a photograph and signature from The Beatles.

"I LOVE YOU!" He yelled as he pulled the girl into a bone crushing hug. "I-I love you too." She said a bit out of breath. The conversation then turned into a huge debate on wether James looked like John Lennon or not, which Harper agreed he did. One side was Harper, Sirius, Lily, and Peter while the other side was James, Remus, and Marlene. "You should be honored! John Lennon's like the Dumbledore's too all the muggles." Lily smiled. "Ah thank you, Ms.Evans. Though, I think Merlin would be greater." Turning around, Dumbledore stood with a huge smile on his face. "Good morning Professor Dumbledore, what can we do for you?" Harper asked politely getting a curt nod back. "Just letting Ms.Rossi know that all the champions are to miss their first few classes today for a bit of a meeting." Oh fuck, Harper forgot about the second task that was coming up quickly.