~39~

Though she wouldn't admit it, as Christmas came around the corner Harper began to miss her mother more and more. The letter she sent remained on her bedside table which Harper would read every night. "Harper, just write back to her! Go see her on break then." Narcissa whispered to her as she began to examine the knotgrass in front of her. "Cis.. It's not that easy. After all thats happened with her.. I wish Amos was here." Narcissa Black became a person to rely on that wasn't inside Harper's friend group which was really nice. "You can partner up, I want a full drawing with labels on knotgrass by Friday." Professor Sprout announced cutting of their conversation. "You're my partner. Come to the Slytherin common room tonight, I'll let you in. Bye!" She yelled running off to her boyfriend.

Harper let out a breath before packing her things up and looking at her knotgrass once more. "Alright there, Ms.Rossi?" Sprout called as she'd been the only one in the class after all the students were going to their next one. "Yeah. Just thinking. I'll see you tomorrow!" She smiled walking out of the green house and to the potions classroom. "Harp! Harper! HARPER DUNGBRAIN ROSSI!" James yelled running after her. She turned around to just see him and Remus who was looking very excited, "So, Moony's coming over for Christmas too! It'll be you, me, Padfoot, Lily-Flower, and Moony. Wormtails parents said no of course." Remus gave her a hug before she could respond and dragged James to wherever their next class way. "Well, okay." Harper whispered and continued her journey.

She arrived just on time and sat down next to a boy with shiny black hair. "Hello, Chang. Nice to see you." Chang smiled back before turning to where Professor Slughorn stood. Harper hated this class more than anything but to become a Auror, she must take it. "Good afternoon, class! Wonderful day isn't it? Anyways! Today we'll be working on the memory potion that we learned about yesterday." Harper groaned before getting up to grab the ingredients for
her's and Chang's potion. Returning to her table, Chang began to laugh at her, "I've just realized you've probably had no idea what my first name is! It's Mike  Chang." Harper laughed before shaking his hand, "I know you know already but mines Harper. Harper Rossi." The two partners had a fun time making the potion together - especially when they got to stir as they each made inappropriate jokes about it.

"You know that girl um.. Annette? Oh Estelle Annette, yes. She's very interested in you it seems,
yeah?" Bottling their potion, she put into a vial, and brought it to be checked by Slughorn before answering back. "Very well, Ms.Rossi and Mr.Chang. E." The two high fived before using their wands to clear up the extra contents in their potions. "Yeah, I guess she does. I'm taken though, almost a year on Christmas." Harper smiled making the other girl smile back, "I know! Sirius's fan club hates it. Love is love though!" They giggled before showing eachother their wands, Chang's was very pretty as it was dragon heartstring core, 12" inches long, and had the pattern of lightning strikes all over it. The two seemed to get along great and that made Harper's heart swell; she was finally making friends that weren't all in Gryffindor.

"See you around, H!" Chang yelled going off to his next class, "See ya, M!" Turning around, she ran right into Lily and Marlene. "Replacing us, are ya? Narcissa Black and Mike Chang." Lily smirked before linking all three of their arms and stalking off to Transfiguration. "Oh yeah, you both are quite boring now." Marlene let out a fake-offended gasp before bursting out into laughter. "Have you started on your next task hint?" Harper shook her head no making Lily lecture her about how she should be more responsible on things like this. Before they could walk into class, Estelle asked to speak with Harper making Marlene scowl at her. "I'll be right in, guys. Save me a seat!" Estelle grabbed the girl and brought her into a nearby broom closet. "Woah - Estelle I'm-" Before she could finish her sentence, Estelle connected their lips.

Harper didn't realize what was going at first but once her mind had regained consciousness, she pushed the girl away and ran off to the Transfiguration classroom. "You're late Ms.Rossi. Five points taken from Hufflepuff. Sit down." Harper rushed over to her seat and put her head between her hands, ignoring Lily's attempts to ask her what happened. She felt tears form into her eyes, had she just cheated on Sirius? I mean, she had not enjoyed it at all and pushed Estelle away, but she still was kissed by another person. Sirius watched the girl in front of him who was shaking and had her head in her hands - he knew something was wrong. He took a piece of parchment from Peter, his quill and some ink, and began to write.
Darling, what's going on? Be careful please. I don't want Mcgonagall seeing the note.

He passed it to the girl who looked down and wrote back:
You're going to hate me.
I could never hate you - Please tell me what's wrong Harper.
I love you. Estelle pulled me into a broom closet and kissed me. I pushed away and didn't enjoy it but I feel terrible. I didn't mean to cheat on you - I love you.

Sirius felt his blood run cold as he read over the note. He obviously knew that if she pushed away nor enjoyed it then she didn't technically cheat but it still hurt him. Thinking of how to respond, he wrote down:
It's not your fault. I forgive you. I love you too. You didn't enjoy it and you pushed away. It's okay.

Still feeling somewhat betrayed, he passed the note over and tried to brush off the feeling. "Mr.Black, I asked you a question." He heard Mcgonagall say. He turned his head to her but she noticed he looked upset and worn down. "Never mind. How about you Ms.Mckinnon?" James looked over to see Sirius distraught and rubbed his back. The rest of class was oddly awkward and silent but Sirius ended up waiting for Harper after class. She had tears running down her face as she walked out but was instantly wrapped into a hug. "I'm so so sorry Sirius". She cried falling down to the floor. Still, Sirius had his arms wrapped around and was kissed her forehead. "No, darling it's not your fault. I was kind of feeling betrayed at first but I know it's not you I should be mad at. It's alright.. Shh." Their friends walked out of class last, seeing the couple on the floor both crying. "What the bloody hell happened here?" Peter asked earning a slap in the chest from Lily.

"I-I'm sorry.." Harper croaked out one last time before retelling the story - much to everyone's shock. "I'm gonna kill her." Marlene yelled running off to find the girl with James hot on her heels. "Those two, I mean wow." Remus laughed shaking his head and sliding down on the wall next to his two friends. "It's not your fault and Sirius isn't even mad at you. You're okay." Harper wiped her tears before kissing Sirius and standing up. "As much as I don't want to leave your side ever again, after dinner I have to meet Narcissa to finish our Herbology homework." She announced as the group walked off outside to the tree they always sat under since school was over. "I'll come with." Sirius smiled at her making her giggle, "You sure you wanna be near around your family and all them?" Remus and Lily both scoffed as Peter looked absentmindedly around for Marlene and James. "If I'm by you, I'm fine."

It was around 45 minutes before Marlene and James turned up again, both looking like they were trampled by a bunch of thestrals. Harper laid between Sirius's legs as he braided her hair while Lily put flowers into it. "Detention for a week. The veela bitch deserved it." Marlene grumbled sitting down with Dorcas joining them. "Oh yeah, sending the girl to the hospital wing with blood purging out of every part of her body." James laughed and high-fived Marlene but Peter looked horrified. "You used Snivellous's spell? Sec-secemsepra?" James laughed at him and said, "Sectemsempra, Wormtail. Yes! It was Marlene's touch. I wanted to go Unforgivable Curse style but she didn't want me going to jail." Lily groaned before pressing a kiss to his cheek, "My family would love that I'd be dating a convicted bloody criminal."

They all laughed and worked on their homework till it was time for dinner. "Sit at the Gryffindor table and then we can go see Narcissa, yeah?" Sirius whispered grabbing his girlfriends hand who nodded back at him. "Yeah. Okay."