Holiday Season

*Thanksgiving Day*

"Why am I on your service? You know I'm not going into Plastics and I could spend my time on Ortho or-" Ivy tries to reason with Mark.

He interrupts her, "Because you need to have a well-rounded education. Come on, we have some burns to work on."

Ivy rolls her eyes and follows him to a patient with severe burns from a deep fryer. She helps Mark clean up the tissue, listening to him scream, when a young woman comes up to them.

"Dr. Sloan?"

"Yeah," Mark looks up, a look of small recognition occurs.

She introduces herself, "Hi, um, so this is a little weird, but, my name is Sloan Reilly. And, uh, my moms Samantha Reilly. And uh, I'm pretty sure your my dad."

Ivy's mouth drops open as Lexie comes up. Ivy briefly recalls Mark talking about a Samantha Reilly when they were younger, but nothing this rememberable.

"Uh, Dr. Sloan, would you like me to order a blood test?" Ivy asks them.

○○○○

Ivy gets the Sloans situated in a conference room while she gets the necessary tests ready. They are silent when she walks in, Callie following behind for support.

"Hey, how's it going in here? Lots to talk about huh? Okay. So have we broached the topic of a paternity test? Cause we came prepared," Ivy preps.

Mark nods at her. Callie goes to Sloan to get her prepped while Ivy goes to Mark.

She whispers to him, "You should talk to her, say something."

He stays quiet, "Outloud. You know share with the class. We aren't mind readers."

"Dude, are you, like high or something?" Sloan asks.

Thankfully, Derek enters, "Sloan."

He takes in everybody as Mark pops up, "Yeah,"

Sloan also answers, "Yes."

"Mark, I need you on something," Derek chuckles.

He nods, "Come on Little Shep."

Ivy is quick to follow as Torres whispers to her, "You can't just leave me."

"I fought to get on your service, but Mark isn't letting me go so... have fun."

She follows after her brothers, "I have a daughter, Derek."

"Yeah."

"An 18 year old daughter. I am too young to have an 18 year old. Its a nail in my coffin. Its like death has come to call." Mark goes on.

Ivy giggles at his pain, "Okay. Can we put a pin in your existential crisis for a minute?"

"No. That's why they call it a crisis."

Derek stops in front of them, "Look, Dr. Robbins and I have a 6 year old with an inoperable A.V.M. We need your help to make it operable."