After Storm

Ivy and Jackson are laying together when Owen comes into their little area, "Hey, we need a board meeting."

"About the E.R. and the mess it is?" Ivy asks.

"Yeah, Avery, you good?" Owen looks at Jackson.

"Never been better," Jackson smiles.

As Owen leaves, Ivy sits up, "I want to wait to tell people until we tell your mother. About the engagement and the pregnancy. Even though April already knows about the baby."

Jackson nods, "Yeah, okay. Wait, how does April know?"

Ivy tells him, "She took my blood to run the test. Don't worry, she promised not to tell anyone as long as I help her plan her wedding. Which I was going to do anyways. I'm going to head to the board meeting, you should get a shirt on then join us."

"You love me with my shirt off."

"I think that's obvious but we need to be professional, so, hurry up."

○○○○

The board plus Bailey and the new baby are in Meredith's hospital room as Ivy holds little Derek Bailey and Cristina takes pictures. Owen speaks up from behind them, "Okay, we should get started. Um, Bailey, we have some board business that we need to disc-"

"I'm not going anywhere. Me and this baby got Bailey business to discuss. Don't we? Yes, Mr. Derek Bailey Shepherd. Yes, we do," Bailey says, taking the baby from a pouting Ivy and sitting down.

"What does Zola think of him?" Ivy asks her brother.

"Oh, she wants to take him to day care for show and tell," Meredith laughs.

"Where's Richard?" Derek asks.

Owen shakes his head, "I paged all the board members."

Derek looks at Ivy, "Well, Avery should be here, too."

Ivy smiles, "Yes, well, the idiot was being a hero last night and dislocated his shoulder saving a little girl from the bus crash."

Meredith grabs Ivys hand, "What bus crash?"

"She had a baby. She doesn't know things," Cristina reminds the group, causing Ivy to smile slightly and put a hand on her stomach where little baby Avery was growing.

"So tell me."

Ivy sighs, "A church was evacuating some people, and their bus overturned. There was a little girl trapped and Jackson played hero. Causing me to almost have a freakin heartattack."

Owen speaks up, "Good news is, everyone survived, and there are no major injuries."

"And the bad news?"

Ivy answers, "Everything else. The blood bank is flooded, and the E.R. is a mess."

Derek looks between Owen and Ivy, "So we need to close the E.R.?"

Owen doesn't really answer his question, "We're dangerously low on meds. Personnel can't make it in due to the flooding."

Cristina says, "So we need to close the E.R."

"Can we do that?" Arizona and Meredith ask.

"You are the board. I am telling you that E.R. cannot open today," Owen tells them, Ivy nodding in agreement.