Beauty

Ivy sits at Baikeys wedding and is talking with Jackson when she gets a call from the E.R.," This is Dr. Shepherd."

"Hi Dr. Shepherd, I know you're at Baileys wedding and was hoping you could tell Dr. Warren that Dr. Bailey was pulled into emergency surgery," One of the nurses tells Ivy.

"Yes, of course," Ivy says, standing up.

She quickly finds Ben who is getting off the phone, "Miranda was pulled into surgery."

Ivy nods, "I know. A nurse just called me. You making the announcement?"

Ben nods before escorting Ivy back to her seat and walking to the front of the chapel, "Could I have everyone's attention, please? Um, my beautiful wife-to-be has been pulled into an emergency surgery, so things are gonna be delayed for a little while. Those of you who are doctors will understand. And those who aren't, uh... well, they're setting up the buffet, the bars open in the back. Drink, eat, and just as soon as we're able, we'll have a little wedding."

Jackson holds his arm out to Ivy, "Well, Dr. Shepherd, to the buffet we go."

"To the buffet we go," Ivy says, following him to a table.

○○○○

Jackson and Ivy sit with April, Alex and Shane as he tells a story, "According to the article, the doctors discovered that her hair follicles had actually been growing nails instead of hair. Like fingernails."

"Cool story, bro," Jackson tells him as he and Ivy play footsie under the table.

Ivy giggles as Shane looks around, "Can I get anybody a coffee?"

They all deny his offer as he gets up. April shakes her head, "Its like having dinner with Ripleys Believe It or Not. Why did you have to set me up with him?"

"Because you should have a date so you don't call your boy toy and beg for sex when you get drunk. Besides, you'll learn to love Ripleys Believe It or Not," Ivy tells her, taking a sip of her water.

"I love easy wedding sex, which I'm gonna miss out on now cause you somehow talked me into bringing a date. You made me bring sand to the beach and it's sand I can't sleep with," Alex complains.

Ivy and Jackson share a look, "Since when can you not sleep with interns?"

Alex talks with his mouth full, "I'm a homeowner now. I've grown up. Besides, they get all hung up and sad when you don't want to be their boyfriend. It's not worth the hassle."

April rolls her eyes, "You are one classy guy, Karev."

"I make an effort."

Their pagers then go off and they make their way to the interns, "Did you just get paged? Both of you?"

Ivy answers, "All of us. Apparently, there's a big trauma. You kids joining us?"

"Yes, indeed," Stephine gets up.

"Yeah, I'm coming, too," Jo starts to get up as Alex interrupts her.

"Nope. Uh, you don't get to practice medicine with booze in your system, Hobo Jo."

Stephanie looks at her, "You're Hobo Jo?"

"Like ride-" Shane starts.

Ivy cuts him off, "Shane, ride with April. Stephanie, you can ride with Jackson and I. And Alex, you stay here because no practicing medicine with booze in your system. March."